1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Road kill

1. Jul 15, 2006 #1

wolram

Gold Member

It gets worse, to be sure it would be best to drive a red, white and black car around here,on a vist to the local garage for fuel in the 5mins i was there 3
    vehicles arrived with pigeons encrusted on them, on the drive home it was ,
    dead rabbit, dead rabbit, dead fox, bloody hell a pigeon aiming at me, dead some thing, another pigeon attack, AHHH whats that omg, oh ok its just horse poo, crap all over the road, i dread to think, another pigeon aiming straight at my windscreen, of a sudden the verges come alive and rabbits
    do thier( being chased thing) and start thier zigzag double back tacticts all over the road, i feel a bump and yes i hit one of the stupid buggers, it is a war zone.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 15, 2006 #2
    Im sorry to hear that wolram. Rabbits are only 1 point, Grannies with a Zimmer are worth 100! Try harder next time ;)

My cat is bringing home larger and larger prey, im crossing my fingers that the next wont be a small child or one of the neighbours...

4. Jul 15, 2006 #3
    I usually keep my roadkill in the freezer for quick access incase I need to cuddle. Too far? Yeah, I kind of though so too.

5. Jul 15, 2006 #4

wolram

Gold Member

Monster :smile:

6. Jul 15, 2006 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Have the pigeons decided that poop on the cars isn't a strong enough tactic? They've now gone kamikaze? :eek:

7. Jul 15, 2006 #6

wolram

Gold Member

Yep, the pigions seem to want to die, the great fat things seem hell bent on
    splattering them selfs on a vehicle.

8. Jul 15, 2006 #7
    There is a road near me, that I call The Highway of Death. I have seen everything from bear to birds along its sides. Another road in Nevada, out side of the city of Dead Horse..I saw 2 dead horses and several dead sheep. Just made me wonder..why not call the city Dead Sheep?

9. Jul 15, 2006 #8

DaveC426913

Gold Member

My sister has eaten roadkill (bunny, I think).

Now, before you scream about unsanitary: she encountered it after having passed the same spot of road not fifteen minutes before, so she knew it was fresh.

10. Jul 15, 2006 #9

Evo

Staff: Mentor

:rofl:

My first husband would go hunting on his friend's ranch and they would shoot rabbits. He knew how much I hated killing anything, so he would tell me that they accidently ran over them. When I would point out the bullet holes, he'd tell me that they just wanted to make sure it was out of it's misery. :rolleyes:

11. Jul 15, 2006 #10

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Or, as Janine "The Bowler" Garofalo eloquently put it:

"Yah, it was an accident all right. He tripped and fell ... onto some bullets.":rofl:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?