1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Robot that Follows You?

1. Mar 9, 2010 #1
    I need to make a basic robot (two wheels, two motors, etc.) follow me or a sensor, that will be attached to me. How would I do this? For example, I can have an IR Emitter on me and like two IR sensors on the robot; one that controls the left motor and one controls the right motor. I don't have any experience making robots so forgive me if I don't understand. Can I accomplish this?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 9, 2010 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I'd start by looking at the golf bag carrier things that follow their golfer around the course. I'm pretty sure I've heard of them, but don't know for sure if they exist. I'll try looking...

EDIT -- like this one I found with a google search on golf cart follows you

http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20080516/an-autonomous-golf-caddy-that-follows-you-from-hole-to-hole/

4. Mar 9, 2010 #3
    Cool, i checked out the link and it's sort of what I had in mind. But I don't know if I can build it. Any ideas of how I can do it?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook