Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Robots fighting

1. Apr 28, 2006 #1

Pengwuino

Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 28, 2006 #2

Danger

Gold Member

It certainly looked real, but I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how they got enough actuators into that red bugger to account for all of the movements. Even if they used NiTiNOL wire 'muscles', there shouldn't be room in there for the control circuitry. I'd sure like to see more about it.

4. Apr 28, 2006 #3

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I also noticed that at some moments, it seemed like you could see some signs of editing...

5. Apr 28, 2006 #4

Danger

Gold Member

That's the problem with low-quality vids. You can't tell what's tampering and what's just lousy photography.

6. Apr 29, 2006 #5
    Danger, I have been wondering about 'wire muscles' for a long time. Can you give me a link describing the chemistry of it.
    -scott

7. Apr 29, 2006 #6
  8. Apr 29, 2006 #7

Danger

Gold Member

Nice catch, Rach. There are also some references to it over in the Engineering section, but I'm not sure exactly where. Astronuc posted a few different links there that are very informative.

9. Apr 29, 2006 #8
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2006
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?