Rock Bands

• Thread starter jimmy p
  • Start date
jimmy p
Gold Member
What dont u guys get about this thread lol, please just ONE band...ur favouritestestestest band of them all! lol thanx so far anyway. i have a jimi hendrix greatest hits btw

Originally posted by jimmy p
What dont u guys get about this thread lol, please just ONE band...ur favouritestestestest band of them all! lol thanx so far anyway. i have a jimi hendrix greatest hits btw
Why? I put my favourite in there, and singled it out. I thought I'd just list a few others so that maybe someone would go and check them out.

Originally posted by Beren
I thought I'd just list a few others
you're welcome to list many others any time... :wink:

megashawn
Science Advisor
Whoever the guy is who sings The Eye of the Tiger
UHh, wait a minute here. You want me to be stoned????

hehe surely this is much worse of a sin.

Disturbed!!

Definitely my favorite.

I also suggest Paradise Lost, Evanescence and Chevelle (I don't want to go off and name every band I've ever liked (no offense Beren...you did have some pretty good choices in there)) - though Evanescence is "softer" rock than the other two, and Chevelle are...well...not usual - let's just put it that way, eh?

UHh, wait a minute here. You want me to be stoned????

hehe surely this is much worse of a sin.
Maybe I should rephrase what I said.
I know nothing about who sings it, but the SONG itself was okay.:smile:

And the song doesn't include any of Limp Bizkit's favorite four letter words.

hypnagogue
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Originally posted by megashawn
What is with all the hatred towards LB? They pretty much created this entire new trend of music
I think you just answered your own question. :wink:

Originally posted by hypnagogue
I think you just answered your own question. :wink:
Which is not a good thing
I used to be all in the mtv nu-metal scene until I was introduced to some underground power metal and symphonic metal bands. The musicianship is incredible. You soon realize how shallow the lyrics of mtv bands are and how boring three chord formula style music can be. To each their own, but keep looking for high quality music.

hypnagogue
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Originally posted by jimmy p
It's tough to pick just one band, especially when you already know most of the great ones. I'd recommend looking for great albums instead. You might know the more popular songs of most bands but for the really great albums, it's true that the whole is more than the sum of its parts.

Since you already have Dark Side of the Moon, I'd again have to recommend Electric Ladyland by Hendrix. You have a best of, but it's missing a lot of songs from that album, most probably the better ones at that. Plus, the totality of the album taken as a unit in itself is better than just about anything you might be thinking of getting (imo of course).

Few other truly great rock albums off the top of my head: Sticky Fingers by the Rolling Stones, Revolver by the Beatles, Loaded by Velvet Underground.