What Beats What in Rock, Paper, Scissors?

In summary, the forum game is to find an object that cannot be beaten by anything else. This is done by posting something that beats the thing above it in a healthy and undeniable way. If there is, for some reason, something that is hard to beat, either make something that isn't very obvious and explain it or look at the post above and take it from there.
Mattara
Another forum game:

Here's how it works:

The Rules:
1 - No posting something that can't be beaten (God is the traditional example of an unbeatable object; however, Parallel Universes is a much better example, since it could be argued that atheism or Buddhism beats God...)

2 - The post must beat the thing above it in a healthy and undeniable way (e.g. lawn mower beats plant) It doesn't even have to be related, as long as it could realistically beat it. (e.g. falling tree beats deer)

3 - If there is, for some reason, something that is hard to beat, either A: Make something that isn't very obvious and explain it [e.g, Hawking radiation beats black hole (by causing the black hole to evaporate)]
or B: look at the post above and take it from there.

Example of game:
Paper
Paper Shredder
Black out
Generator
Man sticking fork in generator
Sword
etc., etc., etc...

I'll start:

Pen

Physics news on Phys.org
Hammer...

Hacksaw...

thermite... (your screwed now people)

Hammer. (thermite squashed)

Toolbox (encloses hammer)

oxyacetelene torch

No ethyne

(oxyacetylene torch. Gas torch that burns ethyne (acetylene) in pure oxygen, producing a high-temperature flame (3000°C/5400°F). It is widely used in welding ...)

Ethyne...

Mattara said:
No ethyne

(oxyacetylene torch. Gas torch that burns ethyne (acetylene) in pure oxygen, producing a high-temperature flame (3000°C/5400°F). It is widely used in welding ...)
Sorry, have to stop and take issue. You aren't "beating" my torch with something else, but claiming I don't have the fuel it takes to operate. What's to stop everyone from saying there's some similar lack or flaw in the previous persons thing. A. says "hacksaw", B can say "It has no blade." ?

Natural 20. (Any unlikely thing can happen if you roll a 20 naturally on a 1D20)

Hurkyl said:
Natural 20. (Any unlikely thing can happen if you roll a 20 naturally on a 1D20)
? Could you elaborate please?

Edit - googling shows this is a gaming term but it does not always equate to a critical attack
An attack roll represents a character's attempts to strike an opponent on the character's turn in a round. When a character makes an attack roll, he or she rolls 1d20 and adds his or her attack bonus. If the result equals or beats the target's Defense, the character hits and deals damage. Many modifiers can affect the attack roll.

A natural 1 (the d20 comes up 1) on the attack roll is always a miss. A natural 20 (the d20 comes up 20) is always a hit. A natural 20 is also always a threat-a possible critical hit.

If the character is not proficient in the weapon he or she is attacking with (the character doesn't have the appropriate Weapon Proficiency feat), that character takes a -4 penalty on the attack roll

Last edited by a moderator:
zoobyshoe said:
Sorry, have to stop and take issue. You aren't "beating" my torch with something else, but claiming I don't have the fuel it takes to operate. What's to stop everyone from saying there's some similar lack or flaw in the previous persons thing. A. says "hacksaw", B can say "It has no blade." ?

it is ok to do that but i forgot to say" a oxyacetylene torch with no ethyne". The general idea is the the next thing should pwn the previous.

You can have a look at another forum with this forum game for ideas:

http://forum.orkfia.org/viewtopic.php?t=2227&start=0

Since we have gotten off track a bit i'll continue on my post..

A man that refills ethyne

Last edited by a moderator:
16 ton weight.

Hammer...

Chi Meson said:
16 ton weight.

an anti-gravity force field

The laws of physics.

A scientist that proves that the laws of physics does not apply to forumgames/spamthreads

Hammer...

Mattara said:
A scientist that proves that the laws of physics does not apply to forumgames/spamthreads
Nope. This and your anti-gravity, and I'm taking my toys and going home. Bye.

zoobyshoe said:
Nope. This and your anti-gravity, and I'm taking my toys and going home. Bye.

I'm sad to see that you don't have any imagination left and/or interst for this thread. Býe

Mattara said:
I'm sad to see that you don't have any imagination left and/or interst for this thread. Býe
Uhh... hammer?

Chi Meson said:
Uhh... hammer?

How lame can people be ;p? Stop trying to kill this thread with general off-topic and spamming -_-

Yeah, hammer.

A scientist that proves that a hammer will not do the job.

Earthquake

ziad1985 said:
Earthquake

30th century technology.

Nuclear winter.

arildno said:
Hammer...
Moderator declares hammer the undisputed winner.

(there really is no point to this thread)

1. What beats what in rock, paper, scissors?

In rock, paper, scissors, rock beats scissors, scissors beats paper, and paper beats rock.

2. Can you tie in rock, paper, scissors?

Yes, if both players choose the same item (rock, paper, or scissors), it results in a tie.

3. Is there a specific strategy to win at rock, paper, scissors?

There is no guaranteed strategy to win at rock, paper, scissors as it is a game of chance. However, some players may try to predict their opponent's move based on past patterns or use mind games to throw off their opponent.

4. Are there any variations of rock, paper, scissors?

Yes, there are various versions of the game including rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock and rock, paper, scissors, dynamite, water balloon. Each variation has different rules for which item beats which.

5. Are there any official rules for rock, paper, scissors?

While there is no official governing body for rock, paper, scissors, there are some commonly accepted rules such as players making their move simultaneously and using only one hand to represent their choice. Some players also use best out of three or best out of five rounds to determine the winner.