Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Rock Stars

1. Nov 21, 2004 #1
    As I type this, I listen to “The Zephyr Song” by Red Hot Chili Peppers, and I have just begun to contemplate odd ideas. I don’t understand why I feel some sort of awkward attraction for the life of rock stars -- especially eccentric, intelligent, and such wild ones. I am a practicing Christian, and have a good understanding of what good music really is. I do not appreciate the whole "drugs-and-alcohol" extravagance incorporated in the life of rock-and-roll stars. But I can’t help having some sort of fascination with bands such as Red Hot Chili Peppers and Radiohead. They seem so abstract and complete in fortitude. Is it their hardships and successes that attract me/us? After all, the lead singer of RHCP endured years of drug addiction, and is now drug-free. Or is it their seemingly philosophical lyrics (which I’m not even sure they intended to write)? Maybe inspirational lyrics and/or music? I can’t seem to pin point what it actually is.

Am I the only one?
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 21, 2004 #2
    Of course not, if you were the only one they wouldn't have an audience.
  4. Nov 21, 2004 #3
    Yeah, you gotta love that, try pink floyd next, put on some headphones and listen to Interstellar Overdrive.
  5. Nov 21, 2004 #4
    Over a 100 Pink Floyd Songs already on my hdd.

They came first in my life. :smile:

Although i haven't heard Interstellar Overdrive.

Have you heard Under the BRidge by RHCP ?
  6. Nov 21, 2004 #5
    I'm listening to it RIGHT NOW
  7. Nov 21, 2004 #6
    But sometimes i'm not too sure whether the audiences are just fans of the band(s) because of their "pop-factor". I always thought the majority of the audiences are fans just because they enjoy the whole renegade idea behind rock stars.
  8. Nov 21, 2004 #7
    Some of my other favourite RHCP songs:

Road Tripping
    Other Side
    Suck my Kiss
    Scar Tissue
    Parallel Universe
    By the Way
    My Friends

Got any favourites?
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2004
  9. Nov 21, 2004 #8
    Yeah I guess your probably right about the pop-factor. But oh well, I know lots of people who appreciate the music talent.
    by RHCP:
    Give it away now
    Can't stop
    By the way

But my favourite band is still NOFX:
    Franco Unamerican
    The Idiots are coming over
    The Separation of Church and Skate
    Last Caress
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2004
  10. Nov 22, 2004 #9
    Proper rock n roll stars are the Stones, The WHO, Led Zeppelin, Ozzy Osbourne Motley Crue and Guns N Roses. Thats the lifestyle i would go for, try not to become a heroin addict though but trashing hotel rooms, causing riots and fighting with the press is what i wanna do.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?