Designing a Rocket Controller for Altitude Control

In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking help with their FYP project on designing and building a rocket controller. They mention using movable fins and receiving signals from an altimeter. They are looking for resources on the topic and have knowledge of pitch, roll, and yaw. The other person asks for more details on their background and experience with feedback systems.
one3seven5
hye..
i'm working on my FYP project on designing and building a rocket controller which will react on altitude change thus shifting the angle of its fin to make sure the rocket fly to the right altitude. can anyone help me with the topic?

Engineering news on Phys.org
one3seven5 said:
hye..
i'm working on my FYP project on designing and building a rocket controller which will react on altitude change thus shifting the angle of its fin to make sure the rocket fly to the right altitude. can anyone help me with the topic?

Welcome to the PF. What have you learned so far? What kind of feedback systems have you worked with before? Is your background mainly EE or ME or some combination of both?

mu background is EE...
ive learned that there is several way to control a rocket, and currently i'd decided to use movable fins. the system will receive signal from an altimeter. i am actually still looking for journal and e-book on this topic,but sadly most of the source i found tells so few on the topic. but i do know about pitch roll and yaw. and i do aware of the variations of rocket control sys.
can u help me on this please..tq berkeman

1. What is the purpose of a rocket controller for altitude control?

The purpose of a rocket controller for altitude control is to guide and stabilize the rocket during flight to maintain a specific altitude. This is essential for achieving a successful and safe launch.

2. What are the key components of a rocket controller for altitude control?

The key components of a rocket controller for altitude control include sensors to measure altitude, a control algorithm to process the data, actuators to adjust the rocket's flight, and a power source to run the system.

3. How does a rocket controller for altitude control work?

A rocket controller for altitude control works by receiving data from sensors about the rocket's current altitude. The control algorithm then analyzes this data and sends instructions to the actuators to adjust the rocket's thrust or direction to maintain the desired altitude.

4. What are the challenges in designing a rocket controller for altitude control?

Some of the challenges in designing a rocket controller for altitude control include the need for precise and accurate sensors, a robust control algorithm that can handle unexpected variables, and the ability to withstand high levels of vibration and extreme temperatures during launch.

5. How is a rocket controller for altitude control tested and verified?

A rocket controller for altitude control is typically tested using simulations and ground tests before being integrated into a rocket for a live launch. During the launch, the controller's performance is monitored and analyzed to ensure it is functioning as intended. Post-launch analysis is also conducted to further refine and improve the controller's design.