Non-Commercial Rockets Carrying 100kg Payload into Space

• Thread starter inquisitivenoob
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Rocket
In summary, non-commercial rockets carrying 100kg payloads into space use fuel and thrust to propel themselves upwards. Their purpose is to conduct research, gather data, or test new technologies, and they can reach altitudes of hundreds or even thousands of kilometers. Safety concerns must be addressed before launch, and these rockets differ from commercial rockets in terms of ownership, purpose, and capabilities.
inquisitivenoob
Hi All, first time poster. I have a question about if there are any rockets people have built that can carry a 100kg payload into space? By 'people' i mean non commercial.

Whats the best forum for this question?
Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't think so. The highest altitude amateur rocket I could find was the 2004 launch of the "go fast" rocket. It reached space (>100 km altitude), but I can't find numbers for the payload. I think it was just some telemetry electronics.

1. How do non-commercial rockets carrying 100kg payloads into space work?

Non-commercial rockets carrying 100kg payloads into space use a combination of fuel and thrust to propel the rocket upwards. The fuel is ignited in the rocket's engine, creating a powerful force that pushes the rocket upwards and into space.

2. What is the purpose of launching non-commercial rockets carrying 100kg payloads into space?

The purpose of launching non-commercial rockets carrying 100kg payloads into space is to conduct scientific research, gather data, or test new technologies. These rockets may also carry satellites or other equipment into orbit for communication, navigation, or weather monitoring purposes.

3. How high can non-commercial rockets carrying 100kg payloads into space reach?

The exact height that a non-commercial rocket carrying a 100kg payload can reach depends on the specific design and capabilities of the rocket. However, with the right technology and engineering, these rockets can reach altitudes of hundreds or even thousands of kilometers above the Earth's surface.

4. Are there any safety concerns with launching non-commercial rockets carrying 100kg payloads into space?

Like any other type of rocket launch, there are certain safety concerns that must be addressed when launching non-commercial rockets carrying 100kg payloads into space. These may include ensuring proper fuel storage and handling, thorough pre-launch testing and safety protocols, and carefully planned flight paths to avoid potential collision with other objects in space.

5. How do non-commercial rockets carrying 100kg payloads into space differ from commercial rockets?

Non-commercial rockets carrying 100kg payloads into space are typically designed and launched by governments, universities, or private organizations for scientific or research purposes. Commercial rockets, on the other hand, are used for commercial space travel or satellite launches and are typically operated by private companies. Additionally, non-commercial rockets may have different capabilities and limitations compared to commercial rockets due to their intended purpose and funding.