1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Rojectile equations

1. Feb 10, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

How can you solve this? I have no idea, anything. There's a clue that it cannot be solved by the projectile equations. It can be solved using math equations. I do not know them.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 10, 2010 #2

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Re: projectile

Apart from missing any attempt at a solution - I think you are also missing the question

4. Feb 10, 2010 #3

sorry I forgot

5. Feb 10, 2010 #4

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Start by writing down what you know about the motion of the stone and bird, then drawing a diagram will help

6. Feb 10, 2010 #5

I already have the diagram but there is only one given, the velocity of the bird.
    From the projectile equations, the values included are the angle, velocity, x distance, y distance, and time. I do not know what is the relation of the velocity of the bird to the projectile equations.

7. Feb 10, 2010 #6

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

So the stone flies in a parabola
    Drawn across this, half way up, you have the flight of the bird from the point that the stone was going up to the point it was coming back down.

It might help to sketch a graph of displacement / time for the stone and the bird

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook