1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Role of Selenium in Xerography.

1. Jun 18, 2007 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I've not been able to understand the role of Selenium in Xerograper pronters.Plz. if somebody has indepth infos. share.thanks.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 20, 2007 #2
    This is a pretty basic answer, but I know that selenium is used as a photoconductor and also as part of the print toner that is used to reproduce images put through the copier.

4. Jun 21, 2007 #3
    Hi tandooricjhicken dear,

I know its overall role but tell me whether Selenium'll be positively charged before being exposed to the image or at the time of exposition?I think it'll be charged statically before printed starts.But what'll be positive charges & negative Aluminium then which're in state of contact.Will static positive charges conduct /mix with negative charges only after absorbing light?Plz. clear me about it.Thanks.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?