Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Rollover text

1. Jun 4, 2005 #1

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I use Opera.

Sometimes, when looking at the "New posts" page, I get a little text popup (in the same style as the ALT text for images) that contains the first sentence or two of the posts. But, I can't figure out what I'm supposed to roll over to get the text. From where does it come?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 4, 2005 #2
    I use Opera as well, and I too would like to know why. It almost seems like it randomly happens to me.

4. Jun 4, 2005 #3

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Aha, I found it.

Apparently, it's the title of the table cell containing the link. It appears what you need to do is to point outside of the text area -- in other words, point into the margins of the cell. Any margin works; left, right, top, or bottom.

5. Jun 4, 2005 #4
    Ahh! Good find!

6. Jun 4, 2005 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hmm...in the more recent version of Safari on my laptop, I get those pop ups by hovering over the thread title, but on the older version on my office desktop, I don't get any pop ups (and no, I don't have pop up blocker on).

7. Jun 4, 2005 #6

Mk

I get pop-ups by hovering over the thread title in Safari, Firefox, and Netscape.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?