1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

ROM truth table troubles

1. Mar 14, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

a) complete the table for the 16 x 4 ROM shown and indicate on the diagram how the inputs and outputs are connected to the ROM.

b) Show your K-maps for functions F, G, and H and complete diagram on following page. Note that only 8 product terms are needed.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

In order to do the truth table, don't you need some sort of functions? In part b it says to k-map functions F G and H. But it doesn't give us an F G or H. And wouldn't there need to be 4 functions for the 4 outputs? And I don't see why only 8 terms would be needed for the diagram either. I can't see how this is possible to even start.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 14, 2010 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Well, one of the outputs is marked as an X, presumably meaning "don't care" because it isn't used. But otherwise, yeah, you're going to need F, G, and H. Go ask your teacher for the rest of the problem.
  4. Mar 14, 2010 #3
    Alright good, I thought I knew how to do these and this completely threw me off. I'll ask him for it tomorrow.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook