Ronald Reagan Passes Away at 93

• News
  • Thread starter check
  • Start date
In summary: Next, from another President who was also very good at war (Reagan, not Clinton)“We are going to punish them (the Soviets) for what they did, for what they will do, and for what they are doing.”- Ronald ReaganAnd finally, from someone who knows a thing or two about war (Chomsky)“The US has been at war continuously since 1945, and for all practical purposes the US is at war now.”- Noam Chomsky
Nommos Prime (Dogon) said:
Shrooms are good in Canada...

Well, a lot of things about your thinking just became incredibly clear.

Physics news on Phys.org
Oohhhh... Drugs!

Yeh, phatmonkey.
Your ignorance becomes clearer each day, too mate...

Natural drugs aren't bad.
Its the manufactured ones you have to watch.

But I suppose, you'd have us believe you've never tried marijuana?

Or maybe, (like Mr Clinton) you tried it once (BUT DIDN'T INHALE).
Answer whether you have?
I HAVE (AND STILL DO SMOKE AND TAKE SHROOMS).
So what?

Its a liberating, spiritual and mind-expanding experience.
But you'd probably believe the Admin's "spin", and then sign up to be a USAF Fighter Pilot (But then, you would be prescribed LEGAL SPEED (better than street-quality), and YOU'D HAVE TO TAKE IT, just in order to fly).

Bizarre...

Its a liberating, spiritual and mind-expanding experience.

And sometimes a little bit scary too, heh. I have found though that mushrooms can greatly enhance one's sense of empathy.

But you'd probably believe the Admin's "spin", and then sign up to be a USAF Fighter Pilot (But then, you would be prescribed LEGAL SPEED (better than street-quality), and YOU'D HAVE TO TAKE IT, just in order to fly).

And then when it's time to sleep you get treated to a dosage of legal downers. Now that's real smart, subjecting your pilots to conflicting drugs. Uppers to stay awake, downers to go to sleep. I wonder if you (not anyone person in particular) have any idea the stress that can put on the human. That's one of the astounding things of America, you can't smoke a plant that occurs in nature, but you can get your soldiers hopped up on the manufactured concoctions of pharmaceutical giants. GO AMERICA!

I'll also add that, (here in Canada at least), there was a lot of outrage over some hopped up, trigger happy, American pilots, who saw fit to drop bombs on a squadron of Canadians doing night exercises. American incompetence summed up in the media friendy term, friendy-fire. Just one more reason not to join America in it's misadventures.

Last edited:
Yep, revelator, you are SPOT ON!

Uppers, downers, uppers, downers.
Everybody knows this is STUPID!

And DRUGS (prescribed SPEED) is the COMMON FACTOR in ALL FRIENDLY- FIRE INCIDENTS with USAF.

It really says a lot for the American war on drugs. Double-speak, that's all it is. Very Orwellian. I suppose this is what you get when your politicians are in bed with corporate giants, and to an extent consist of the corporate elite.

I hope to live long enough to see what the history books have to say about 20th and 21st century America. Provided of course, it's not the American's who write, but what are the odds of that?

Yeh, phatmonkey.
Your ignorance becomes clearer each day, too mate...

Natural drugs aren't bad.
Its the manufactured ones you have to watch.

But I suppose, you'd have us believe you've never tried marijuana?

Hahahaha, I could sit here and run off to you the effects of psilocybin on your neurological system, but of course because it's 'natural' it can't hurt you.

And it's quite hilarious that some people are so deep into using drugs that they assume everyone has done atleast marijuana - no, I haven't :smile:

revelator said:
And sometimes a little bit scary too, heh. I have found though that mushrooms can greatly enhance one's sense of empathy.

And then when it's time to sleep you get treated to a dosage of legal downers. Now that's real smart, subjecting your pilots to conflicting drugs. Uppers to stay awake, downers to go to sleep. I wonder if you (not anyone person in particular) have any idea the stress that can put on the human. That's one of the astounding things of America, you can't smoke a plant that occurs in nature, but you can get your soldiers hopped up on the manufactured concoctions of pharmaceutical giants. GO AMERICA!

I'll also add that, (here in Canada at least), there was a lot of outrage over some hopped up, trigger happy, American pilots, who saw fit to drop bombs on a squadron of Canadians doing night exercises. American incompetence summed up in the media friendy term, friendy-fire. Just one more reason not to join America in it's misadventures.

If only people had the same conviction about all of their politics, as they do wanting certain/all drugs legalized.

Yep, revelator, you are SPOT ON!

Uppers, downers, uppers, downers.
Everybody knows this is STUPID!

And DRUGS (prescribed SPEED) is the COMMON FACTOR in ALL FRIENDLY- FIRE INCIDENTS with USAF.

Yes, it's totally different than raver kids popping E and then taking taking 5htp afterwards to keep from the after weekend lull.

And just so you know, people who are prescribed drugs like Adderall are often also presribed a downer to help the person sleep. Taking a type of 'downer' at the end to 'ease' off the effects of a stimulant is often considered safe, and often practiced.

It seems that sometime a long time ago, we were talking about Reagan.

How about that Reagan/Astrology connection? Did an astrologer really help to guide US policy? These reports always worried me a bit but I never was sure of the truth of things; if they are known.

I think the astrologer, working on Nancy, had most influence on the times and places of Reagan's public appearances and speeches.

Reagan was the kind of guy who could hear you out, nodding and smiling encouragingly, and then go and go exactly what he was going to do anyway.

phatmonky said:
Yes, it's totally different than raver kids popping E and then taking taking 5htp afterwards to keep from the after weekend lull.

Forgive me for not saying so earlier, but kids taking ecstacy is also stupid.

phatmonky said:
Taking a type of 'downer' at the end to 'ease' off the effects of a stimulant is often considered safe, and often practiced.

Considered safe by whom? The doctors who get paid to push drugs on their patients, by the pharmaceutical companies?

This whole Reagan display is just one more sign of the strangeness in government. Reagan is dead, but all government offices are closed tomorrow, even the mail? What is this about, is this the new state religion? We will pay as a nation for the worship dead republicans. I think this is election campaigning. In Utah the local media gave all republican candidates for public office, big air time to discuss their Reagan love. No Democrats were interviewed. You can bet that if Bill Clinton were hit by a bus in Harlem tomorrow, there would be none of this hoopla. I think that Clinton was a much better president than Reagan, by a long shot.

This obvious myth-making and spin is the strangest thing ever.

phatmonky said:

And just so you know, people who are prescribed drugs like Adderall are often also presribed a downer to help the person sleep. Taking a type of 'downer' at the end to 'ease' off the effects of a stimulant is often considered safe, and often practiced.

That isn't considered good medicine around here. Most people on Adderall are young teenagers, who have high potential for misuse of another potentially abusive substance and don't need to be presribed a sedative. That's why the switch to Strattera (a norepinephrine uptake inhibitor) rather than an amphetamine is becoming more of a trend. Adult ADHDs are now using mostly bupropion (Wellbutrin) or Strattera so there is less or no need for sleep agents

Off topic...I know.

Last edited:
selfAdjoint said:
I think the astrologer, working on Nancy, had most influence on the times and places of Reagan's public appearances and speeches.

I was watching a diddy about Reagan tonight on The History Channel. That is pretty much what was said by his old friends. Reagan may wait until a good day to make an appearance but policy was not affected.

A funny comment by Jimmy Baker. He was saying that in the early days of his political career Reagan could never say no. If it weren't for Nancy who took away Reagans appointment book and finally gave it to Baker, Reagan never would have gotten past giving speaches for the local garden club.

Last edited:
Dayle Record said:
This whole Reagan display is just one more sign of the strangeness in government. Reagan is dead, but all government offices are closed tomorrow, even the mail? What is this about, is this the new state religion? We will pay as a nation for the worship dead republicans. I think this is election campaigning. In Utah the local media gave all republican candidates for public office, big air time to discuss their Reagan love. No Democrats were interviewed. You can bet that if Bill Clinton were hit by a bus in Harlem tomorrow, there would be none of this hoopla. I think that Clinton was a much better president than Reagan, by a long shot.

This obvious myth-making and spin is the strangest thing ever.

Obviously you were not around when the last president died, Lyndon Johnson. It was very much the same. With one exception...Schools were closed for the day and we were all ecstatic that he had been so generous as to pass away during the school year.

adrenaline said:
That isn't considered good medicine around here. Most people on Adderall are young teenagers, who have high potential for misuse of another potentially abusive substance and don't need to be presribed a sedative. That's why the switch to Strattera (a norepinephrine uptake inhibitor) rather than an amphetamine is becoming more of a trend. Adult ADHDs are now using mostly bupropion (Wellbutrin) or Strattera so there is less or no need for sleep agents

Off topic...I know.

Well, I won't argue with you, for I know you are more educated than I on this subject.
But, I have several friends throughout high school who were given adderall and sleeping aids as part of their standard treatment.
But I digress, thanks for enlightening me, and my main point was that the military's actions are not crazy and off the wall, as was being stated to me.

revelator said:

Well ,this thread has been fully run off to a tangent, so I'll just continue this I guess.

While I feel for those four Canadians family's, and the other's injured, your contempt is fully unjustified - perhaps your contempt for war, or the US, add to your view, but if the opposite had happened, and that had been American troops, only the idiots in my country would be calling to stop helping Canada.

The Canadians in question had covered up the trainging lights on their helmets, which would have avoided this.
The ground team didn't make the pilot aware of the specified training area, which would have avoided this.
And the pilot has been found to have invoked the right to self defense, without enough time to make a full out judgement on whether he was in danger...which would have avoided this.

A multitude of mistakes created an event that should have never happened. But to act as if this was only 'american incompetence' is to blindly blame the US for your own short comings as well.

I have watched a fair amount of the TV coverage on the "final farewell" to Ronald Reagan today. While I disagree with the theological content of many of the talks given to the mourners, I am impressed with the eloquence and poise of the speakers. Public speaking is one of the things I do worst. The man who sang Amazing Grace at the Washington, D.C. service was a really good vocalist, though I did not catch his name. As for my singing ability, that may be even worse than my public speaking. :redface:

Janitor said:
The man who sang Amazing Grace at the Washington, D.C. service was a really good vocalist, though I did not catch his name. :redface:
Ronan Tynan

check said:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/06/05/reagan.health/index.html

Fmr. President Ronald Reagan passed away today at the age of 93.

Very sad, but it’s been expected for some time. I think he was a very good president. What are your thoughts?
I don’t care to comment on his actions as president at this time. I do feel the death of an individual gives me pause for reflection and introspection. Gleefulness or gloating don’t enter my mind, I do not hold a grudge against the dead and if I did then it is doubtful the feeling would continue for any appreciable length of time.

Robert Z, thanks for the information. That is a name I don't know from anywhere else.

Anybody know how old Patti Davis is? I would guess she is up there with me. She keeps her hair long and is aging really gracefully, like her mother. I got a kick out of her story about what her father said to her when her goldfish died.

Last edited:
kat said:
Obviously you were not around when the last president died, Lyndon Johnson. It was very much the same. With one exception...Schools were closed for the day and we were all ecstatic that he had been so generous as to pass away during the school year.

I can't believe nobody corrected me on this one...

Um, Nixon was the last to die before RR I reckon. Jerry Ford just keeps ticking. Has anyone else noticed: He went bald early in life, and from then on, decade after decade, he has looked pretty much the same.

Nommos Prime (Dogon), phatmonky, and of course kat...thanks for getting this thread locked...life is too short to delete all of your useless posts.