Possible webpage title: Can You Solve the No Snap Order Puzzle with Pearls?

In summary, the conversation discusses a solution for an interesting problem involving a necklace made of eight pearls with red or black colors. The solution involves expressing the no snap order of cards using different combinations of pearl colors and allowing no more than three consecutive pearls of the same color. The cases of JQ and HD for red, and KA and SC for black are also mentioned.
Lauren1234
Homework Statement
both the type and the suit of the card are important. Each pack again consists of eight cards; the Jack and Queen of Hearts and Diamonds, and the King and Ace of Spades and Clubs. A ‘snap’ occurs when two cards that are either of the same type OR suit appear together. Find the total number of possible orderings of the cards which result in no snaps. (You may first wish to assume that the order of the cards in the first pack is fixed.)
Relevant Equations
Below
This is my solution however I feel like the number is far too big can anyone see what I’ve done wrong
8BBCF1AF-8FCC-4E63-ACA9-0014C1752F5F.jpeg

7C7B0309-F892-4720-942F-19A21DEA2568.jpeg

Physics news on Phys.org
Interesting problem. I have not solved it thoruogh but let me tell you my idea.

We can make use of necklace made of eight pearls whose color is Red or Black to express no snap order of cards.

Let us show the no snap order of pearl colors like

(1)BRBRBRBR : alternative or no color consecutives at all

No more than three consecutive same colors, like BBB, is allowed.

Case of each two BB and RR pairs in ring

(2)BBRRBBRR

Cases of each one BB and RR pair in ring

(3)BBRRBRBR : No pearls between BB and RR and

(4)BBRBRRBR: Two pearls between BB and RR

To these color cases we can think of the cases of JQ and HD for Red and KA and SC for Black.

Likes Lauren1234

1. Is there a specific measurement that determines if something is "too big"?

No, there is no specific measurement that determines if something is "too big". It ultimately depends on individual preferences and societal norms.

2. Can something be "too big" in some situations but not others?

Yes, something can be considered "too big" in certain situations but not others. For example, a large elephant may be considered "too big" to fit in a small room, but not "too big" to live comfortably in its natural habitat.

3. Are there any health risks associated with being "too big"?

Yes, there can be health risks associated with being "too big", such as increased strain on joints and organs, difficulty with mobility, and potential development of chronic conditions like heart disease and diabetes.

4. Can something be "too big" and "too small" at the same time?

It is possible for something to be considered "too big" and "too small" at the same time, depending on the context. For example, a basketball may be considered "too big" to fit in a small child's hands, but "too small" to be used as a beach ball for adults.

5. Is there a way to determine if something is "too big" without using comparisons to other objects?

Yes, there are mathematical and scientific principles that can be used to determine if something is "too big", such as calculating the volume, weight, or surface area of an object and comparing it to known limits or averages for similar objects.