Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Roomate is worrying that he might have an std

1. Aug 14, 2006 #1
    So my roomate is worrying that he might have an std, and we started looking up facts about stds. according to the cdc:

80%!!! wow who knew vaginas could be so dangerous? :yuck:

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 14, 2006 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Oh yeah, it has nothing to do with those promiscuous men the women trust. :rolleyes:

4. Aug 14, 2006 #3
    Yeah, and stds hurt women more than men. Symptoms don't show up as often or strongly for men, so they don't get screened and they spread it to every girl they meet!!!! I'm sure more guys are infected with stds but they don't realize it because they won't go in for a checkup.

5. Aug 14, 2006 #4
    On a related note, when are they coming out with that contraceptive pill for men? Not that I'd trust a guy to remember to take it everyday:rolleyes:

6. Aug 14, 2006 #5

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Not only that, but guys who know that they are infected won't go to the doctor.

Guys are very self-conscious, especially in my generation.

7. Aug 14, 2006 #6
    probably. women make 150 million more visits to the doctor every year than men (this isn't including trips because of pregnancy).

8. Aug 14, 2006 #7
    Guys hate going to the doctor as much as girls hate taking care of their cars:biggrin: I don't know what it is, I'm just completely uninterested in car maintainance, even though I know I'll pay big for it when something goes wrong. And if you think most women don't know how to use their cars, then it's equally true that most guys don't take the time to learn how to use their equipment:wink:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?