1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Rotational Dynamics Problem

1. Dec 5, 2012 #1
    Hi friend I am really getting big problem in solving this question which is related to Rotational dynamics. Please help me in solving this. I will be heartily thankful to u all guys.

The question is as follows :

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/549594_2636991701343_1266262284_n.jpg

I am always getting the answer as Option (a) But the answer of this question is (d).

I am attaching all the attempts as an jepg image along with it. Please friends go through it and Please help me.

3. The attempt at a solution
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 5, 2012 #2
    The axis of rotation is not located at the middle of the disc. This can be seen from the fact that the velocities are not perpendicular to a line drawn from the centre of the disc. Use the fact that the speeds are tangential to the circular paths that A and B follow about the axis of rotation to locate the position of the axis of rotation.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook