Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Rotational mechanics

Tags:
  1. Feb 13, 2015 #1
    When you put o disc on top of a plank and if you pull the plank, the disc rotates but stays stationary.
    Here the friction between the plank and disk produces an unbalanced torque and hence it spins.But this friction should also cause an acceleration in the disc right? Then why does it remain stationary? WP_20150213_22_38_24_Pro.jpg

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 13, 2015 #2
    who gived the assumption that it stay stationary? it does not stay stationary at all i think, just apply newton's law...i'm curios about answers to this question :)

4. Feb 13, 2015 #3
    Sorry. It doesnt stay stationary. Actually i was thinking about this question. I did not understand it properly.
    I got the first two correct but i am still working on Q3.
    WP_20150213_23_09_21_Pro.jpg

5. Feb 13, 2015 #4
    ah ok :) what book is that by the way? title and author? thanks!

6. Feb 13, 2015 #5
    You can't buy it. You have to join my coaching institute. The questions are set by some reputed teachers and the book gets updated every year. No particular author. It's called Grand Masters Package.the questions are very difficult.

7. Feb 14, 2015 #6
    ah ok...thank you :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook