1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Rotational motion (again)

1. Dec 12, 2006 #1
    One end of a meter stick is pinned to a table, so the stick can rotate freely in a plane parallel to the tabletop. Two forces, both parallel to the tabletop, are applied to the stick in such a way that the net torque is zero. One force has a magnitude of 1.90 N and is applied perpendicular to the length of the stick at the free end. The other force has a magnitude of 5.50 N and acts at a 27 degree angle with respect to the length of the stick. Where along the stick is the 5.50 N force apllied? Express this distance with respect to the end that is pinned.
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 12, 2006 #2

Staff: Mentor

Show your work so we can help you. Better yet, use the Homework Posting Template that you were provided.

4. Dec 14, 2006 #3
    sorry about that, but I figured out the problem on my own and the other question i had too.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?