Rotational Motion Problem - 15

In summary, the speaker is seeking help in solving a problem involving calculating the moment around point A or B. They share a photo and a failed attempt at using the equation tan37°. After receiving assistance, the speaker realizes their mistake and thanks their friends for their help. The problem has been resolved.
coldblood
Hi friends,
Please help me in solving this problem, I'll appreciate the help.

The problem is as:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/q71/s720x720/1390659_1461728134054292_1386292618_n.jpg

Attempt -

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q84/s720x720/1525033_1461728557387583_1961156759_n.jpg

Thank you all in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
Try to calculate moment around point A or B. I don't think your equation tan37° is valid.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 365
Likes 1 person
mishek said:
Try to calculate moment around point A or B. I don't think your equation tan37° is valid.

Thanks dear, I got the answer. I was making the last equation in the wrong manner. I was only considering N1 ans N2 and forgot about the other forces which are acting there.

The problem has been cleared.

Hello there, it looks like you are trying to solve a rotational motion problem. Without knowing the specific details and equations involved, it is difficult for me to provide a complete answer. However, I can offer some general tips and suggestions to help you solve this problem.

First, make sure you have a clear understanding of the problem and what is being asked. It may be helpful to draw a diagram or visualize the situation in your head to get a better grasp of the problem.

Next, identify any known variables and equations that may be relevant to this problem. This could include equations for rotational motion, such as torque, angular velocity, and moment of inertia.

Once you have identified the relevant equations, plug in the known values and solve for the unknown variable. It may be helpful to show your work and use units to keep track of your calculations.

If you encounter any difficulties or have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out for help. Good luck!

1. What is rotational motion?

Rotational motion refers to the movement of an object around a fixed point or axis. It is a type of motion that involves circular or curved paths.

2. How is rotational motion different from linear motion?

Rotational motion is different from linear motion in that it involves movement along a circular path, while linear motion involves movement along a straight line.

3. What is angular velocity?

Angular velocity is the measure of how fast an object is rotating around a fixed point or axis. It is usually measured in radians per second or degrees per second.

4. How is torque related to rotational motion?

Torque is the rotational equivalent of force. It is a measure of the force that causes an object to rotate around an axis. The greater the torque, the greater the rotational motion.

5. How can I calculate the moment of inertia for a rotating object?

The moment of inertia is a measure of an object's resistance to changes in its rotational motion. It can be calculated using the formula I = mr^2, where m is the mass of the object and r is the distance between the object and the axis of rotation.