Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Rpg anyone?

1. Mar 5, 2009 #1
    anyone familiar with old AS400 RPGII ?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 6, 2009 #2
    Don't tell me that you have a square punch card with 96 columns and round holes in your possession.

4. Mar 6, 2009 #3
    lol, I don't have those in my possesion. but I do remember them. they were just being phased out when I was in college back in the early 80s.

Although there is a shadow box on the wall in our office that has an old punch card as well as a vacuum tube from eniac !

back to my rpg question, I have to maintain some old legacy programs that use the rpg cycle and left hand indicators and level breaks. Is there a tutorial online anywhere where I could familiarize myself with that old stuff? I'm used to the modern ILE RPG4

5. Mar 6, 2009 #4
    Sorry. That wouldn't be me. I stopped writing RPG back in high school. I used an AS400, but wrote most of my RPG on an 1130 using RPG II. I think we had 6 card types in II and there were 12 in RPG4.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook