RPG physics engine or building everything together

Friction and drag equations (for realistic movement in air and water)In summary, the conversation discusses building a realistic RPG world with AI simulation. The speaker needs to simulate movement and anatomy, and is looking for a list of equations to use for their simulation, including collision types, fluid dynamics, soft and rigid body dynamics, energy transfer, momentum conservation, and friction and drag equations.
wolfblood
I am doing attemp to build rpg with realistic world and AI.
So what i need to simulate the persons are moving from input so them not there will be anatomy simulation.
My list:
1.full range of collision types absolutely elastic and inelastic and things between them
2.dynamics in air and water so movements in fluids
3.soft and rigid body dynamics

I make an wikipedia attemp before from their index but there is many tiny things.
Can someone list me names of equations for this simulation. What am i missing to simulate? I am not looking for things like electricity and so. Thanks to all.

Science news on Phys.org
1. Newton's laws of motion (for collision types)2. Navier-Stokes equations (for fluid dynamics)3. Mass-spring systems (for soft body dynamics)4. Finite element method (for rigid body dynamics)5. Conservation of energy (for energy transfer between bodies)6. Momentum conservation (for momentum transfer between bodies)

1. What is a RPG physics engine?

A RPG (Role Playing Game) physics engine is a software component that simulates the physical interactions and movements of objects within a virtual game world. It calculates forces, collisions, and other physical properties to create a realistic and immersive gaming experience.

2. How does a RPG physics engine work?

A RPG physics engine uses mathematical algorithms to calculate the behavior of objects within a game world. It takes into account factors such as mass, velocity, and friction to simulate realistic movements and collisions.

3. Can I build my own RPG physics engine?

Yes, it is possible to build your own RPG physics engine, but it requires a strong understanding of physics and programming. It is a complex task that requires a lot of time and effort, so many game developers choose to use existing physics engines.

4. What are the advantages of using a pre-built RPG physics engine?

Using a pre-built RPG physics engine saves developers time and resources, as they do not have to create one from scratch. These engines are also thoroughly tested and optimized, resulting in more realistic and stable physics simulations.

5. Are there different types of RPG physics engines?

Yes, there are different types of RPG physics engines available, each with its own set of features and capabilities. Some are designed specifically for 2D games, while others are better suited for 3D games. It is important to choose the right one for your specific game project.