RSA Encryption/Decryption Challenge - Win Money!

In summary, the conversation was about RSA encryption/decryption and whether being good at encryption would help in cracking it. The participants discussed the need for powerful computers or grids to decrypt it and the possibility of using a quantum computer in the future. One person suggested writing code to factor the encryption, while another mentioned that the previous winners probably used trial and error.
hover
Anyone really good with RSA encryption/decryption? If you are, try http://www.rsa.com/rsalabs/node.asp?id=2093" . Just remember to split half the money with me if you win.:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I think the best bet would be to write some code to factor it, doing it by hand would take a rather long time :biggrin:

I don't think being good with encryption would help either, I think that we would need some rather powerful PC's, or grids of PC's to do it.

Anttech said:
I think the best bet would be to write some code to factor it, doing it by hand would take a rather long time :biggrin:

I don't think being good with encryption would help either, I think that we would need some rather powerful PC's, or grids of PC's to do it.

Probably more than that.

Like connect all the PC's together in the world or something.

:biggrin:. I wonder how the other people won. How does one decrypt RSA anyway?

hover said:
:biggrin:. I wonder how the other people won. How does one decrypt RSA anyway?
trial and error

Just wait till I get my quantum compy.

1. What is RSA Encryption/Decryption Challenge?

The RSA Encryption/Decryption Challenge is a cryptographic puzzle that involves using the RSA algorithm to encrypt and decrypt a secret message. It is a way to test and showcase the strength of RSA encryption.

2. How does RSA Encryption/Decryption work?

RSA encryption relies on the use of public and private keys. The sender uses the recipient's public key to encrypt the message, and the recipient uses their private key to decrypt it. This ensures that only the intended recipient can read the message.

3. What is the purpose of the RSA Encryption/Decryption Challenge?

The purpose of the challenge is to demonstrate the strength of RSA encryption and to encourage the development of more secure encryption methods. It also serves as a way to identify potential vulnerabilities in the RSA algorithm.

4. How do I participate in the RSA Encryption/Decryption Challenge?

To participate, you will need to solve the encryption puzzle and submit your solution. If your solution is correct, you will be eligible to win the prize money. The challenge is open to anyone with knowledge of cryptography and encryption algorithms.

5. Is RSA Encryption/Decryption Challenge safe and legal?

Yes, the RSA Encryption/Decryption Challenge is safe and legal to participate in. It is a controlled and monitored event, and all necessary precautions are taken to ensure the security and legality of the challenge. However, it is important to note that using encryption for illegal activities is not permitted.