Rubber band fumes

  • Thread starter NicYeom
  • Start date
  • #1
NicYeom
1
0
I just baked a cake, and accidentally left a rubber band around the cake tin (which was holding the greaseproof paper in place). Is the cake inedible due to fumes given off by the rubber band?? Thanks :)
 

Answers and Replies

  • #2
pinball1970
Gold Member
1,456
1,973
  • Like
Likes jim mcnamara and NicYeom
  • #3
Borek
Mentor
29,101
3,716
Actually - no matter the toxicity - I doubt the cake is edible. Unless you like things that stink of burnt rubber.
 
  • Like
Likes HAYAO and pinball1970
  • #4
azk
1
2
You should throw the cake away, but the oven also needs a good cleanup, maybe even an empty burn if a good nose calls it.
 
  • Like
Likes pinball1970 and Tom.G

Suggested for: Rubber band fumes

Replies
7
Views
3K
  • Last Post
Replies
6
Views
640
Replies
5
Views
594
Replies
22
Views
1K
  • Last Post
Replies
5
Views
2K
Replies
7
Views
2K
Replies
1
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
3
Views
993
  • Last Post
Replies
8
Views
3K
Top