Run in with the law

• Thread starter Squall
  • Start date
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It doesn't work that way. First, the company that shipped the products did nothing wrong and asking them to refund a shipping cost that they incurred but was mis-delivered by the shipping company would be wrong. UPS is unlikely to reimburse the shipping charges either since their policy is that if they deliver to the wrong address, they will go to that address and pick up the parcel and deliver it to the correct address.
But they didn't pick it up and deliver it to the correct address. They're supposed to verify who they're handing it to...that's what a signature is for. At the very least, UPS needs to hear about it so they reprimand the driver who isn't being careful where they deliver packages.

But, the company shipping it IS the one who needs to get reimbursed by UPS for the misdelivery. They are responsible for the carrier they chose, and if the carrier is unreliable, yes, they should refund the shipping charges, and can then deal with UPS for their own reimbursement. You can't get it directly from UPS, because you weren't the one who paid them, the company did. Technically, they NEVER delivered that package to the right address...the cops did. That means UPS didn't deliver according to the contract.

If I was in charge of shipping for a chemical company, and learned that UPS was delivering to incorrect addresses, and they were unwilling to reimburse shipping on those items, then I'd be using a different carrier.

chemisttree
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
You're joking right?
I never joke about PVC dresses and red gum lipstick...