Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Run server as application

1. Jun 18, 2005 #1
    I have written this logger echo server. WHen i execute it it starts as a process in the background. How do i force it to run as application? (in cmd window for example or do i have to have gui?)

im on win machine.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 18, 2005 #2

Staff Emeritus

I don't know how windows would do this but in linux/unix you can start an application and send it to the background by using the bg command. You can send to back to the foreground by using the fg command.
  4. Jun 18, 2005 #3
    thanx , thats a next step to install unix/linux a stop using windows. But i have hard time detecting my network card in linux. I would love to stop using windows.

anyway, yeah the problem is i want to run the server in foreground on windows. Even when i execute it from cmd it still goes to process. This way i do not know what the error are ....(during connection and output from the server)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?