How can I run my logger echo server as an application in Windows?

In summary, the speaker has written a logger echo server, but is having trouble running it as an application on a Windows machine. They mention being able to run it in the background using commands in Linux/Unix, but are having trouble detecting their network card in that system. They express a desire to stop using Windows and run the server in the foreground, but are still experiencing issues with it running as a background process.
sneez
I have written this logger echo server. WHen i execute it it starts as a process in the background. How do i force it to run as application? (in cmd window for example or do i have to have gui?)

im on win machine.

sneez

Computer science news on Phys.org
I don't know how windows would do this but in linux/unix you can start an application and send it to the background by using the bg command. You can send to back to the foreground by using the fg command.

thanx , that's a next step to install unix/linux a stop using windows. But i have hard time detecting my network card in linux. I would love to stop using windows.

anyway, yeah the problem is i want to run the server in foreground on windows. Even when i execute it from cmd it still goes to process. This way i do not know what the error are ...(during connection and output from the server)

sneez

1. What does it mean to run a server as an application?

Running a server as an application refers to using a computer program or software to serve data or resources to other devices or clients over a network. This allows for communication and sharing of information between devices.

2. Why would someone want to run a server as an application?

There are several reasons why someone would want to run a server as an application. This can include creating a website, hosting a game or application, managing data and resources, or facilitating communication between devices.

3. What are some popular applications for running a server?

Some popular applications for running a server include Apache, Nginx, Microsoft IIS, and Node.js. These applications vary in their capabilities and are often used for different purposes such as web hosting, database management, or application development.

4. How do you run a server as an application?

The process of running a server as an application depends on the specific software being used. Generally, it involves installing the application on a computer or server, configuring settings and permissions, and starting the server to listen for incoming requests.

5. Are there any risks associated with running a server as an application?

Like any software, there are potential risks associated with running a server as an application. These can include security vulnerabilities, performance issues, and compatibility problems. It is important to regularly update and maintain the server to minimize these risks.