Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Runge-Kutta paper

1. Jul 30, 2008 #1
    I'm trying to find a location in the Internet where I can download (for free) the following paper:
    Kjell Gustafsson , "Control theoretic techniques for stepsize selection in explicit Runge-Kutta methods" (Year of Publication: 1991 )
    Thanks in advance
    :cool:

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 30, 2008 #2

CompuChip

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I found the paper here. I don't know if you are registered at some institution, but I can access the paper for free from the computers of my university.

4. Jul 30, 2008 #3
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't know if you are registered at some institution, but I can access the paper for free from the computers of my university.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unfortunately no

I found the paper and here http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=210242&coll=portal&dl=ACM but no free access :cry:

5. Jul 30, 2008 #4

KTC

I don't think anyone can help you. The paper was published in an ACM journal, and ACM own website version of it require paid for access, so it's unlikely to be freely available elsewhere. (Unless you can find a preprint version of it or something.)

6. Jul 31, 2008 #5
  7. Jul 31, 2008 #6

KTC

LOL, that's exactly the same link astronomia84 has already posted himself.

8. Jul 31, 2008 #7

CompuChip

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

And which I posted, had I remembered to remove the prefix which gives me access from outside the university buildings :)

9. Jul 31, 2008 #8
    KTC, I know. I saw that after having posted it. Should scroll down next time. =/

10. Jul 31, 2008 #9

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

If you can find Kjell Gustafsson's website, he just might have copies of his published papers available there. Sometimes people do this, so it is worth a try.

Or, you could visit a university library that has this publication, and make a photocopy.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?