RUNOFF VOTE Photo Contest - Food and Wine

In summary, the contest is still close. The winner will be decided by a runoff vote. There are several great entries, but I voted for hypnagogue because of the humorous photo.

RUNOFF VOTE PF Photo Contest - Food and Wine

• turbo-1

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • hypnagogue

Votes: 14 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Since the first vote in this contest ended up in a tie for first place, we will have a runoff between the two pictures that tied at the top. Please vote for the best picture that represents our theme, which is a picture on food and/or wine. Remember, the first place winner will win a 3-DVD set of Elton Brown's "Good Eats".

If this ends in another tie, I will have to throw the deciding vote. I really don't want to do that.

You have only 4 days to vote on this contest.

1. turbo-1
smallcupboard.jpg
2. hypnagogue
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8797/jackasspx7.jpg

Contest thread.

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I cast my vote for hypnagogue this time, in honor of the sense of humor that inspired that shot. A pretzel, a pack of ketchup, a whole bulb of garlic and a sprig of parsley? I'd need more than one Sam to wash down that much raw garlic, though.

There was no thought or preparation behind my entry. Just open the cupboard door and shoot. I'm still at it, though. As long as the hard frosts hold off, I'm pickling, canning, etc pretty much every day.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=1445615&postcount=825

Turbo all the way!

Gotta go with the Hot Stuff!

Astronuc said:
Gotta go with the Hot Stuff!
Don't be lettin' all the sisters know about my physical attributes. (BTW, didn't know you swung that way, either. Not that there's anything wrong with that...)

:rofl:

Last edited:
Can't we just have hypnagogue provide the beer and pretzels while we dip them in turbo's salsa? (Poor hypnagogue needs a new plate too...that one is chipped...makes the meal look even more pathetic. :rofl:)

I can't decide! :cry: Okay, okay, I think I'm going to go with hypnagogue...turbo's pantry is too well-stocked to be a starving artist. :biggrin:

Love turbo's pic. I am filled with pantry envy.

Math Is Hard said:
Love turbo's pic. I am filled with pantry envy.
Thanks, MIH! I wish you lived nearby so I could give you some. Last night, one of my oldest dearest friends visited us for supper with his sweet wife and his brother. They are here trying to prepare their dad's house for sale - he was killed in a car accident a couple of months ago. I made a big New England boiled dinner with a shoulder roast, lots of fresh carrots, onions, cabbage, herbs from the garden, etc, and figured I'd have some left-overs for breakfast. Nope. Everybody took seconds and my friend's wife (who weighs maybe all of 100#) took thirds after the action cooled and looked like she wanted to lick the platter. This woman is a size 1 and is constantly on the go so she can eat a lot, but she amazed me yesterday. I'm flattered, because everybody seemed to love my dinner, but I'm taken aback at the ferocity with which my main meal was attacked.

ARRRGH! The voting is still close!

OK, people, this thing better not end in another tie or someone will get spanked!

I just have to figure out who...

Zz.

ZapperZ said:

OK, people, this thing better not end in another tie or someone will get spanked!

Zz.
Just be glad I didn't vote for my own picture - we'd be tied up 9-9 right now, and you'd be back in the hot seat. :rofl:

The main reason I voted for turbo is that I made some of his habanero relish and its AMAZING on hotdogs. Seeing a pantry full of his work makes my mouth water.

ZapperZ said:

Zz.

:rofl: I was just noting the close voting too. Does the spankee get to choose the spanker? :biggrin: :rofl: o:)

Math Jeans said:
The main reason I voted for turbo is that I made some of his habanero relish and its AMAZING on hotdogs. Seeing a pantry full of his work makes my mouth water.
It's also killer on cheeseburgers, and we stir it into tossed salad with some of those sweet bread-and-butter pickles instead of using salad dressing.

turbo-1 said:
It's also killer on cheeseburgers, and we stir it into tossed salad with some of those sweet bread-and-butter pickles instead of using salad dressing.

Wow. I've never had a spicy salad before :bugeye:.

turbo-1 said:
Don't be lettin' all the sisters know about my physical attributes. (BTW, didn't know you swung that way, either. Not that there's anything wrong with that...)

:rofl:
Just couldn't wait for me to come out of the pantry could you? :rofl:

The voting is close.

BTW, turbo's salsas, relishes, jellies and spicy pickled vegetables are great!

Astronuc said:
Just couldn't wait for me to come out of the pantry could you? :rofl:

The voting is close.

BTW, turbo's salsas, relishes, jellies and spicy pickled vegetables are great!
We had my friend and his wife and brother down for supper last night. We had baked beans, cole slaw, and hot dogs. For the first time in 10 years, I was able to eat hot dogs. My wife found some that are free of all "natural flavorings" (MSG) and it was great. I had mine fried with sauteed onions, habanero relish, and Annie's Naturals yellow mustard. They were so good, I ate 3 of them, and even got my friend's brother to dip into the habanero relish, too.

I jarred up another 8 pints of red tomato salsa yesterday, and my wife had to shuffle a lot of stuff around to find room to store them. The little cupboard in the photo is full. The larger cupboard under the counter-top is full, and there is very little shelf space left in our ceiling-to-floor pantry. :tongue2:

Wow, so close!

Moonbear said:
:rofl: I was just noting the close voting too. Does the spankee get to choose the spanker? :biggrin: :rofl: o:)
Does the spankee have to pay the air fare of the spanker, or is that rolled in with the contest prize? We could have fun with that...

Last edited:
turbo-1 said:
I jarred up another 8 pints of red tomato salsa yesterday, and my wife had to shuffle a lot of stuff around to find room to store them. The little cupboard in the photo is full. The larger cupboard under the counter-top is full, and there is very little shelf space left in our ceiling-to-floor pantry. :tongue2:

Ya want to store some of that stuff at our place? :rofl::!)

WOW, that was close! Both pictures are winners in different ways.

Tsu said:
Ya want to store some of that stuff at our place? :rofl::!)
Maybe after our cellar is full... :rofl:

turbo-1 said:
Maybe after our cellar is full... :rofl:

I got dibs on some too! :yuck:

That couldn't have been any closer. Lucky there were an odd number of voters.

Kurdt said:
That couldn't have been any closer. Lucky there were an odd number of voters.

Very true! Wow. But, can someone still get spanked? :uhh:

Moonbear said:
Wow. But, can someone still get spanked? :uhh:
Man PF is kinky!

Congratulations to hyp. I will contact you after I get back from my vacation regarding the prize.

I'm so glad that *I* didn't have to throw the tie-breaking vote.

Zz.

1. What is the "RUNOFF VOTE PF Photo Contest - Food and Wine"?

The "RUNOFF VOTE PF Photo Contest - Food and Wine" is a photography contest organized by the RUNOFF VOTE PF company. It focuses on celebrating and showcasing the beauty and diversity of food and wine around the world through photography.

2. Who can participate in the contest?

The contest is open to everyone, regardless of age, nationality, or professional background. As long as you have a passion for photography and a love for food and wine, you are welcome to join the contest.

3. How can I submit my entry?

You can submit your entry by following the instructions on the RUNOFF VOTE PF website. Typically, you will need to create an account, upload your photo, and provide some basic information about yourself and your photo. Make sure to read and follow the guidelines and deadlines carefully.

4. What are the judging criteria for the contest?

The judging criteria may vary from contest to contest, but typically, the photos will be judged based on creativity, originality, technical skill, and how well they capture the theme of food and wine. Make sure to read the specific guidelines for the contest you are entering.

5. What are the prizes for the winners?

The prizes for the winners may also vary from contest to contest. Some possible prizes may include cash prizes, photography equipment, publication in a photography magazine or website, or a feature on the RUNOFF VOTE PF website and social media. Again, make sure to read the specific guidelines for the contest you are entering.