Rush Limbaugh Passes Away: News Sites Reporting

• Thread starter wirenut
  • Start date
In summary, news sites are reporting the passing of radio talk-show host Rush Limbaugh, known for his controversial and often inflammatory statements. While some may have disagreed with his views, his death is still a loss for his family and those who followed his work. However, there are also those who are happy to see him gone.
wirenut
Gold Member
News sites are reporting Rush Limbaugh has passed away.

I have mixed feelings about this, I really didn't agree with him on anything, but I'm saddened by his passing.

Likes Averagesupernova
Physics news on Phys.org
I feel sad anytime I see someone taken from cancer. I'm sorry for his family. That being said, the I pretty well despised the man and his views.

Likes Averagesupernova and BillTre
"...any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind..."
Jon Donne

Likes russ_watters and wirenut
wirenut said:
Rush Limbaugh
Who is he?

StevieTNZ said:
Who is he?
A radio talk-show host in Flroda, US. Some would consider him a so-called 'shock jock', based on his many inflammatory, incendiary statements.

Likes Averagesupernova
Rush Limbaugh was a popular public personality and his passing has been noted.

This thread should probably be locked sooner rather than later.

BoB

Likes Wrichik Basu, Borg and russ_watters
Sooner is now. :smile:

Likes Wrichik Basu, Evo, Borg and 3 others

1. What was the cause of Rush Limbaugh's death?

Rush Limbaugh passed away on February 17, 2021 due to complications from lung cancer. He had been battling the disease for over a year.

2. How long was Rush Limbaugh on the air?

Rush Limbaugh had one of the longest running radio shows in history, starting in 1988 and continuing until his death in 2021. He was on the air for over 30 years.

3. Did Rush Limbaugh have any political affiliations?

Rush Limbaugh was a conservative political commentator and was known for his strong opinions on conservative issues. He was also a strong supporter of the Republican party.

4. How did Rush Limbaugh's passing impact the media industry?

Rush Limbaugh's passing has left a significant impact on the media industry, as he was one of the most influential and successful radio hosts in history. He had a large and dedicated audience, and his absence will be felt by many.

5. What is Rush Limbaugh's legacy?

Rush Limbaugh's legacy is complex and controversial. He was a polarizing figure in the media, with some viewing him as a pioneer and others criticizing his divisive rhetoric. However, he will be remembered as a groundbreaking radio host who shaped the conservative media landscape and left a lasting impact on American politics.