Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Russia is governed included an end to the direct popular election

1. Sep 15, 2004 #1
    http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/09/14/russia.putin.ap/index.html

This is egregious! It is an affront to freedom and will only backfire. Why is this not THE story of the year? It's not even the story of the day, according to the major news outlets.

Are they ****ing insane?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 15, 2004 #2

Gza

These seems all too eerily familiar to another leader of a large country, name begins with a B, ends with h, rymes with Bush...oops. :tongue2:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2004
  4. Sep 15, 2004 #3
    Just heard about this, too:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/russia/article/0,2763,1038428,00.html

5. Sep 16, 2004 #4

Gza

Just give Bush another four years, he'll figure out a way to take it this far too.

6. Sep 16, 2004 #5
    Yes, Bush is Stalin and Hitler rolled into one. Bush will establish his own NKVD and begin killing everyone around him. It just goes to show you that you have to get up PRETTY early in the morning to get one past you guys.

Now, about that missile hitting the Pentagon... do you think Bush was trying to kill someone inside the Pentagon, or simply trying to "divert attention from his failed economic policies"?

7. Sep 16, 2004 #6
    Ooh! Ooh! I know this one!!
    ummm..
    uhhh...
    The Economic Policies one!

8. Sep 16, 2004 #7
    nono, he was trying to make Islam look bad so he had an excuse to attack it.

9. Sep 16, 2004 #8
    Thanks for the germane discussion, guys.

10. Sep 16, 2004 #9

GENIERE

Science Advisor

You might try citing a non-liberal-biased source for a germane response.

11. Sep 16, 2004 #10

Gza

Can you dictate which sources those would be, because you guys seem to do a lot of complaining about the whole media having a liberal bias.

12. Sep 16, 2004 #11

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Putin's KGB connection has always given me the heebie jeebies. We'll just have to see what happens when its time for him to leave office...

13. Sep 16, 2004 #12

GENIERE

Science Advisor

14. Sep 16, 2004 #13

GENIERE

Science Advisor

15. Sep 16, 2004 #14
    Gimme a break, geniere. CNN is not a liberal bastion. That source presents basically the same information, only more fleshed out as the CNN article. CNN is one of the most trusted names in news, and you act like it's Air America.

The article was neutral and as-is.

16. Sep 16, 2004 #15
    Wow people accually believe that?

I saw a bumper sticker the other day, it said 'Ban Weapons of Mass Destruction' and had a picture of a red circle with a cross through it with CNN written in the middle.

I can say with some confidence that this reflects the general attitude towards CNN, at least outside of the US.

17. Sep 16, 2004 #16
    Well, actually, more people probably great deal of trust in fox...which only shows that what people trust isn't necessarily trustworthy. I'm sick of the "liberal media" lie though. If the media were predominantly liberally-biased, bush could not survive his term, because they would have such rich material with which to slam him.

18. Sep 16, 2004 #17

kat

Wow Dan, you know this may have once been true but...It's just not any longer.

19. Sep 16, 2004 #18
    It's amusing to see political discussion between Americans as an outsider. What amazes me is that no one even does an effort to get the terminology right. The discussion is apparently between "Republicans" and "Democrats". If you're not a "Republican", you're a "democrat" or a "liberal" (and regard it as an insult on top!). I wish Plato was here to give you all some basic insight in politic terms and their meaning. In the US Democrat and Republican are names chosen by parties. But it is absolutely absurd to divide Americans in Republicans and Democrats. My thesis is that most here are Republicans AND Democrats, since few would choose to be the opposites: monarchist autocrats. It's a terrible disgrace to degrade Democracy into an insulting term.

20. Sep 16, 2004 #19
    Man, it's about time, we needed a new big totalitarian govt. on the scene, China was getting boring. Maybe we can use Russia like we did in WWII on the war on terror...

21. Sep 16, 2004 #20

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No, Bush couldn't pull it off, he ain't bright enough. God only knows what the goals of his controllers, who ever they may be, are.

Bush with no script

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?