Russian Arctic Fox Birthday Wishes

In summary, the birthday celebration for Arctic Fox was supposed to be yesterday but they were denied the chance to wish him well by his friends who snuck the party in while he was out of town. They celebrate his 97th birthday today.
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2023 Award
С днем рождения - Arctic Fox!

Можете Вы иметь еще много лет!

Physics news on Phys.org
If you are celebrating his 97th (!) birthday (yesterday), I'll join in on that.

Me too.We should hold a big party for him yesterday but we can do it now. :smile: (unfortunately yomamma isn't around here!)

Astronuc said:

Yeah definitely, what he said!

How could they of gone and had a birthday, behind our backs? The nerve of denying us the chance to wish them well!
lol, hope your day was a good one.

ps, I thought Artic Fox was female?

Last edited:
Is this a birthday thread or is Astronuc accusing him of something terrible? :bugeye:

Happy Belated Birthday Arctic Fox!

Поздравляю Вас и желаю вам всего самого, итд, итп :biggrin:

LOL!

I've been sitting in the Tiki Lounge for the past few days and didn't even notice that you guys snuck one on me!

*wipes tear* I thought no one cared...

Спасибо мои большие друзья! ;)

Astronuc said:

Darnit. Another language I cannot seem to read. I can attempt to transliterate it into English though, but it might not turn out well, don't mind me...

Mozhchete V Imet eschchze Mnogo Let

I probably butchered it. I have no idea what it means, but I can *somewhat* pronounce it.

cronxeh said:
Поздравляю Вас и желаю вам всего самого, итд, итп

Trying again,

Pozdravlya Vas ee zhela vam vselo samogo, eetd, etp

Arctic Fox said:
Спасибо мои большие друзья!

Spasibo moi bolshie druzya!

*blinks* Fun to say, considering that most English words are extremely bland in character. Still, the content flies over my head.

Since I don't know Russian, I can at least transliterate something...

жаппe бирtждae Arctic Fox!

Last edited:
Belated Happy Birthday if that's what this is all about. To think I've been avoiding this thread because I didn't expect to understand any of it! :rolleyes:

Arctic Fox said:
Спасибо мои большие друзья! ;)

Arctic Fox - Пожалуйста!

Я не знал, что Вы - русский. Конечно, Мурманск, является ключом. Я несколько тускл.

Я говорю маленького русского или говорю немного по-русски. Также, я читаю и понимаю русского.

However, my grammar is weak since I am out of practice.

For those wondering, I was following up on Arctic Fox's request in the Tiki (post #385) - "Бармен, водки пожалуйста. Я праздную! "

Я спросил (I asked) - что Вы празднуете? (What are you celebrating?)

I studied a little Russian and Bulgarian for my work. They are both beautiful languages and there is some fantastic literature and history from both countries. :smile:

Last edited:
man I am freaking drunk, and I've only had like 3 imported beers..

agh.. *collapses*

Ooh, pretty symbols to play with. :!)

ндрpу ыятнdдy, дястгс Fюж!11

Astronuc said:
I studied a little Russian and Bulgarian for my work. They are both beautiful languages and there is some fantastic literature and history from both countries. :smile:
What kind of work were you doing, if you don't mind my asking?

Well, my 0.02 $: since any theoretical physicist should know German to read the great masters in original, i'd say that each Nuclear Engineer should know his share of Russian.
Bulgarian is beyond my power of understanding.

Daniel.

dextercioby said:
Well, my 0.02 $: since any theoretical physicist should know German to read the great masters in original, i'd say that each Nuclear Engineer should know his share of Russian.

Daniel.
Yes, that makes cents. :wink:

dextercioby said:

:rofl:

Actually, I learned German and some Spanish, and I read a little technical French. Russian and Bulgarian are similar, I had a reason to learn both. The Kozloduy plant in Bulgarian uses Russian VVER technology.

I have also consulted on the weapons grade (WG) Pu to MOX program in the US with a parallel, but dysfunctional, program in Russia. :rolleyes:

And hopefully, I will get back to my study of Romanian, and several other languages, when I can find the time.

Commie? Commie?! That's Pinko to you... :D

Thanks, great cake! Mind if I pass it around the Tiki Bar?

*nevermind - Tiki's fallen off the page already.*

Last edited:

What is a Russian Arctic Fox Birthday Wish?

A Russian Arctic Fox Birthday Wish is a traditional way of celebrating a birthday in Russia, where people wish the person a long and happy life, good health, and prosperity.

Why is the Arctic fox significant in Russian culture?

The Arctic fox is a symbol of resilience, adaptability, and survival in the harsh Arctic climate. It is also associated with magic and wisdom in Russian folklore.

How are Russian Arctic Fox Birthday Wishes typically conveyed?

Russian Arctic Fox Birthday Wishes can be conveyed in person, through a phone call, or by sending a card or a message. Some people also perform rituals or leave offerings for the Arctic fox in honor of the person's birthday.

Are there any variations in Birthday Wishes for different ages?

Yes, there are variations in Russian Arctic Fox Birthday Wishes for different ages. For children, the wishes may focus on growth and happiness, while for adults, they may include wishes for success and fulfillment.

Are there any specific traditions or customs associated with Russian Arctic Fox Birthday Wishes?

Yes, there are some traditions and customs associated with Russian Arctic Fox Birthday Wishes, such as giving gifts, singing traditional songs, and sharing a special meal or cake. Some people also wear traditional clothing or decorate their homes with Arctic fox-themed decorations.