Its used to calculate the wavelengt of spectral lines.
The rydberg constant is different for each element since one of the factors in calculating it is nucleus mass. (the correct constant is calculated by doing a reduced mass correction to the "infinite" rydberg constant).
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving