Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ryder Cup

1. Sep 20, 2008 #1

Has anybody being following the golf? The US lead has been cut to 2 points as of end of play today and with 12 points to play for tomorrow there's still time for Europe to recover to claim their 4th straight victory.
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 20, 2008 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm really terrible at golf - that windmill always gets me!

Seriously, I've never played actual golf. But for some strange reason, I enjoy watching it. Well I don't sit and watch it, but it can be on while I do domestic chores and I'll follow it.

This year's cup has been fun to watch! Go US!!!

A guy at work listens to golf on the radio...!

Do you golf, Art?
  4. Sep 20, 2008 #3

I play occasionally from time to time. Ireland has nearly as many golf courses as it has cows :biggrin: so most people here play some golf. It's a game I'd like to be good at but unfortunately never will be and so my enthusiasm for playing has waned over the years. Some folk are just naturals and I most definitely am not and I have come to accept all the practice in the world is not going to change that. :cry: And so like you I settle for watching the experts on the TV whilst my clubs rust in the shed.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?