Why were the S and A removed from the Physicsforums logo?

• Thread starter Defennder
  • Start date
In summary, the "S" and "A" in the Physicsforums logo stand for "Science" and "Answers", respectively. The different colors of the letters represent the diversity of scientific disciplines and perspectives within the forum. The placement of the letters is intentional and symbolic, representing the process of seeking knowledge and finding answers. There are no hidden meanings behind the logo, and it is trademarked and cannot be used without permission.
Defennder
Homework Helper
I just visited these forums after a long period of inactivity and I happen to notice that the S and A in the logo has been removed. I know why they are there in the first place, but why were they removed?

Physics news on Phys.org
To avoid confusion with Scientific American with which PF has established a partnership.

We are working on a memorial for our own SA.

I see. Thanks.

1. What do the "S" and "A" stand for in the Physicsforums logo?

The "S" and "A" in the Physicsforums logo stand for "Science" and "Answers", respectively. This reflects the forum's focus on discussing and finding solutions to scientific topics and questions.

2. Why are the "S" and "A" in different colors in the logo?

The different colors of the "S" and "A" in the logo represent the diversity of scientific disciplines and perspectives within the forum. The blue "S" represents the physical sciences while the green "A" represents the life sciences.

3. Is there a specific reason for the placement of the "S" and "A" in the logo?

The placement of the "S" and "A" in the logo is intentional and symbolic. The "S" is placed above the "A", representing the process of seeking knowledge and finding answers. It also signifies the forum's goal of promoting scientific knowledge and understanding.

4. Are there any hidden meanings behind the "S" and "A" in the logo?

There are no hidden meanings behind the "S" and "A" in the logo. The letters simply represent the forum's name and purpose, as explained above.

5. Can I use the Physicsforums logo for my own purposes?

The Physicsforums logo is trademarked and cannot be used without permission. If you would like to use the logo for any purpose, please contact the forum's administrators for further information.