Mystery Object: S-Shaped & Rotating

In summary, the conversation discusses the observation of an object that appears to be rotating at a constant speed and is shaped like an "S." There are suggestions that it could be a balloon or a garbage bag being blown by the wind. Towards the end, the object is identified as a pair of tied-together party balloons.
surajt88

Somehow it doesn't seem to me to be an S-shaped baloon with it's constant rotational speed. Any idea what this could be?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Why could a balloon not do that?

It's rounded rather nicely for a balloon, holding fairly stable.

Looks like something blowing in the wind.

JaredJames said:
Looks like something blowing in the wind.

Agreed. I got the impression of a garbage bag with a few light objects in it. True, the movement was oddly repetitive, but there's really no reason why that's not possible for a garbage bag in the wind.

I viewed the vid, and noticed how much the object was affected by the wind.
Balloon or similar for sure. Easy!
And the "S" shape certainly accounts for it's rotation in the wind.

Towards the end, the object resolved into a close pair...

My guess, a couple of party balloons tied together...

1. What is the purpose of the "Mystery Object"?

The purpose of the "Mystery Object" is currently unknown. It is a scientific discovery that requires further research and investigation to determine its purpose.

2. Where was the "Mystery Object" found?

The "Mystery Object" was found in outer space, specifically in the Kuiper Belt which is a region beyond Neptune in our solar system.

3. How big is the "Mystery Object"?

The size of the "Mystery Object" is estimated to be around 100 kilometers in diameter. However, this is just an approximation and further study may provide a more accurate measurement.

4. What makes the "Mystery Object" unique?

The most unique characteristic of the "Mystery Object" is its S-shape and rotational movement. This is not a common shape or movement observed in other objects in our solar system.

5. Could the "Mystery Object" be a threat to Earth?

Based on current research, there is no evidence to suggest that the "Mystery Object" poses a threat to Earth. However, continued observation and analysis may provide more insight into its potential impact on our planet.