Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Saddam's strategy is

1. Very effective - will crack coalition and destroy American economy

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Effective - will cause coalition to exit Iraq within 1 year

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Moderately effective - will cause early exit of coalition within 7 years

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. Not effective - terrorism will die out within 4 years with no change in US policy

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  5. Wild card- Saddam will use WMD with devastating effects

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Dec 1, 2003 #1
    The Iran-Iraq war ended in an inconclusive way, and the Republican Guard was beaten back from Kuwait by the British and Americans in Gulf War I. But today, the story is different. Saddam and his forces have attacked the allied strategy, dissolving into the general polulation and striking in operations similar to the resistance of the Taliban to the Russian invaders of Afghanistan.
    Eventually, Saddam may drive the coalition out, unless the Militia runs out of ammunition first. How do you rate Saddam's strategy for dealing with foreign invaders?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 1, 2003 #2
    Hey, we don't even know if Saddam is still alive! Of course, long term it isn't so much about resistance strategy, as it is about the occupying force's complete lack of a strategy.

4. Dec 1, 2003 #3
    I suppose it's possible that Saddam is dead but then you'd think that it would be common knowledge in Baghdad. Even with the man out of the picture the US still has problems, with fundamentalists.
    There's one wacko theory that goes Saddam has been dead for 2 years now. I bet he's still alive, conducting the escalating guerilla war he has planned for years against this predictable invasion.

5. Dec 1, 2003 #4

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

And what about bin Laden? He hasn't made any more of those videos recently, and he looked pretty bad in the last one. Could it be?

6. Dec 2, 2003 #5
    You mean other than the one released a couple of months ago where he was hiking around some rugged mountain trails?

7. Dec 2, 2003 #6
    "Saddam" (anti-US resistance) will use stashed conventional explosives (having planned not to resist the main US assault), continue terrorist bombings and raids, but diminish their support base and effectiveness as a result of moderate Shiite identity and US persistance. Iraq may stabilize within 5 years.

(I do not support this war.)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?