Can a solution of 35% sulfuric acid and 65% water be safely stored in a plastic bottle? That is, does sulfuric acid of this concentration react with any or all plastics? if plastic is not acceptable, what type of storing container could safely contain the acid? If interested, what I have in mind here is removing the electrolyte from a fully-charged lead-acid battery to be reinserted into the cells of the battery at some future time to reactivate the battery. The purpose is to be able to have an arrangement for providing emergency 12V power with minimal maintenance, that is, avoiding the need to periodically charge the battery. An additional concern of mine is whether or not the sulfuric acid in an uncontaminated storage container would decompose over time. If decomposition would occur, at what rate would it occur? Searching with google, I couldn't find any information concerning this, except that it is apparently easier to store sulfuric acid in a highly concentrated form. Thanks in advance for any information about how to go about doing this in a safe manner.