Sakurai 'Modern QM', Excercises

• Thread starter hellfire
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Qm Sakurai
In summary, "Sakurai 'Modern QM'" is a comprehensive textbook written by Jun John Sakurai and Jim J. Napolitano for graduate and advanced undergraduate students in physics, chemistry, and engineering, as well as researchers and professionals. It stands out from other textbooks on quantum mechanics with its clear explanations, use of examples, and emphasis on conceptual foundations. The textbook also includes exercises for practice and can be used as a standalone resource for a quantum mechanics course, although additional resources may also be beneficial.
hellfire
Science Advisor
I hope this is not off-topic here: I remember I had seen a time ago somewhere in internet the solutions to the excercises of Sakurai's book 'Modern Quantum Mechanics', but I am not able to find the link again. Anyone knows? Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
I found it. For your information:
http://www.phys.uri.edu/~edward/physics.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I can hardly read them.

i have been looking for the same thing too

1. What is "Sakurai 'Modern QM'"?

"Sakurai 'Modern QM'" refers to a textbook written by Jun John Sakurai and Jim J. Napolitano, which provides a comprehensive introduction to the principles and applications of quantum mechanics.

2. Who is the intended audience for "Sakurai 'Modern QM'"?

The textbook is aimed at graduate and advanced undergraduate students in physics, chemistry, and engineering, as well as researchers and professionals looking to deepen their understanding of quantum mechanics.

3. What makes "Sakurai 'Modern QM'" unique compared to other textbooks on quantum mechanics?

"Sakurai 'Modern QM'" is known for its clear and concise explanations, extensive use of worked examples, and emphasis on the conceptual foundations of quantum mechanics rather than just mathematical formalism.

4. Does "Sakurai 'Modern QM'" include exercises for practice?

Yes, the textbook includes a variety of exercises and problems at the end of each chapter to help readers reinforce their understanding of the material and apply it to real-world scenarios.

5. Can "Sakurai 'Modern QM'" be used as a standalone textbook for a quantum mechanics course?

Yes, "Sakurai 'Modern QM'" is a comprehensive textbook that covers all the necessary topics for a quantum mechanics course. However, it is always beneficial to supplement with additional resources for a well-rounded understanding.