Is Sam Waterston's Law & Order Hairstyle Distinguished or Overdone?

• Thread starter PrudensOptimus
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around a hairstyle seen on the actor, Sam Waterston, in the TV show Law & Order. The participants discuss whether it can be considered a style and what it is called. They also mention the traditional setting of a men-only barber shop and the use of blue disinfectant solution. They conclude that it is a respectable and distinguished look, but not one they would personally want to have.
PrudensOptimus
Is there a name for it? :biggrin: :rofl:

That is, his hairstyle in Law & Order.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Is that actually considered a 'style'. :confused:

Most statesmen and businessmen alike adopt that type. Maybe it is the business haircut. :rofl:

http://webquest.org/bdodge/images/waterston7.jpg

....I think that's what you call a 'standard' haircut for anyone professional. Looks good on him. I used to get haircuts like that. You have to go to a barber shop to get one of those. The place that has combs in jars of blue stuff. Only men are given haircuts, women are forbidden, and you can get a hot shave from a blade that would slice your neck open. :approve:

None of that feminine speaking 'hair stylist' men moosing up your hair like a panzy. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
what is the blue stuff you refer to?

Disinfectant solution.

PrudensOptimus said:
what is the blue stuff you refer to?

:rofl: you must go to a "stylist."

PrudensOptimus said:
Is there a name for it? :biggrin: :rofl:

Ummm..."parted on the left"?

"that ain't no 'hair-do,' that's a hair-don't"

Nonesense. It's a respectable looking hairdo.

I always thought he looked very distinguished.

Waterston does look distiguished.

I'd never want to be that coiffed myself though. :biggrin:

What is Sam Waterston's hairstyle?

Sam Waterston's hairstyle is a short, combed back style with a slight side part.

Has Sam Waterston always had the same hairstyle?

No, Sam Waterston's hairstyle has changed throughout his career. In the 1970s and 1980s, he had longer hair with a center part. In the 1990s, he had a more slicked back look. His current hairstyle emerged in the early 2000s.

Is Sam Waterston's hairstyle his natural hair?

Yes, Sam Waterston's hairstyle is his natural hair. However, it is likely that he uses products and styling techniques to maintain his desired look.

Does Sam Waterston's hairstyle have any significance?

There is no known significance to Sam Waterston's hairstyle. It is likely a personal preference and a style that suits him.

Can I achieve Sam Waterston's hairstyle?

It is possible to achieve a similar hairstyle to Sam Waterston's, but it will depend on your hair type and length. It is recommended to bring a photo of his hairstyle to a professional hairstylist for best results.