Same product, different loops

In summary, the conversation is about creating a code that does the same thing as a given code using a do while loop instead of a for loop. The problem is that the "#" signs do not line up diagonally in the do while loop. Suggestions are given to fix this issue, such as using an if condition inside the do while loop or taking out the line where "#" is printed in the original code.
magnifik
I am trying to create a code that does the exact same thing as this does
Code:
#include <iostream>
	using namespace std;

int main()
	{
	    int len;

cout << "Enter a number: ";
	    cin >> len;

for (int i = 0; i < len; i++)
	    {
		for (int j = i+1; j < len; j++)
		{
		    cout << ' ';
		}
		cout << "#\n";
	    }
	}

but using a do while loop instead. what i have so far is this

Code:
#include <iostream>
	using namespace std;

int main()
	{
	    int len;

cin >> len;

{
			int j = i+1;
			do
			{
				cout << ' ';
				j++;
			}
		while (j < len);
		cout << "#\n";
		}
	}

the only problem is on the last line the "#" signs line up instead of being diagonal. any help on how to fix this??

Physics news on Phys.org
try put a if condition insdie the do while loop instead just cout outside while loop. could use conditions like if j = len -1, then cout the #

kentigens said:
try put a if condition insdie the do while loop instead just cout outside while loop. could use conditions like if j = len -1, then cout the #

hmm, not exactly sure what you mean. the closest i got was adding

Code:
 if (j == len -1) {
           cout << "#";
           }
into the do part of the do while loop, but this just created two side by side diagonal lines :T to top line had len - 1, but the bottom line had the correct shape and number. any idea on how to get rid of the first one?

i mean to take out the line where u cout the # from ur original code. and btw, don't have vs here, so can't really run ur code. can u please post up the outputs? both original code and the one u have atm?

I would suggest using a nested do-while loop to achieve the same result as the original code. This would involve using a do-while loop inside the for loop, similar to how the for loop is nested inside the for loop in the original code.

The code could look something like this:

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main()
{
int len;

cin >> len;

{
int j = 0;
do
{
if (j < len - i - 1) //to create the diagonal effect
cout << ' ';
else
cout << "#";
j++;
}
while (j < len);
cout << "\n";
}
}

This way, the do-while loop will iterate through each column and check whether the current column should have a space or a "#" printed. This should result in the same diagonal pattern as the original code.

1. What is the meaning of "same product, different loops"?

"Same product, different loops" refers to the concept that multiple individuals or groups can approach the same problem or task in different ways, yet still achieve the same end result. This can be seen in various fields such as science, engineering, and even everyday tasks.

2. How does this concept apply to scientific research?

In scientific research, "same product, different loops" can refer to different methods or approaches used to study the same phenomenon. For example, two scientists may use different experimental designs or techniques to investigate the same research question and still obtain similar results.

3. Why is understanding "same product, different loops" important in science?

Understanding this concept is important in science as it allows for diverse perspectives and approaches to be considered, leading to a more comprehensive understanding of a topic. It also promotes innovation and creativity in problem-solving.

4. Can "same product, different loops" lead to conflicting results?

While the end goal may be the same, the different loops used to achieve it may lead to slight variations in results. However, these differences can often be reconciled and help to further validate the findings.

5. How can scientists use "same product, different loops" to their advantage?

By recognizing and embracing this concept, scientists can collaborate and learn from each other's approaches, leading to a more robust and well-rounded understanding of a topic. It also allows for the refinement and improvement of research methods and techniques.