Sample Dynamics Problems with solutions?

• Thread starter Will
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Dynamics
In summary, the conversation is about finding example problems for dynamics, particularly ones involving mass-pulley systems and using equations to find velocity and acceleration. The participants are also interested in other types of dynamics problems, such as impulse-momentum and conservation of energy, and are looking for resources and links to help with their studies. One participant suggests looking at the Schaum's Outline on Lagrangian Dynamics, while another mentions finding books on the topic at the library. They also mention the usefulness of pictures and diagrams in understanding the problems.
Will
Any websites come to mind? I am trying to find and do as many example problems as possible. It seems that some of the approaches to problems in my text are unlike those I have seen in my REA solutions manual, although this one is great. I am particularly interested in examples of mass-pulley systems where there is an equation taking into account the total length of the cord and the distance the masses are from a fixed point (DATUM), and then taking derivatives to find v and a. I am unfamiliar with this method. But any type of dynamics probs would be good too. Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
I second Will's post. I am looking for Dynamics problems. Pictures as descriptions (I.E. FBD's) help a lot. Pulley problems, Impulse-Momentum, conservation of energy in dynamic (I.E. spring) systems, planar problems, etc. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Have you looked at the Schaum's Outline on Lagrangian Dynamics? :smile:

Edited to add the following link just in case anyone might find it useful.

http://www.myphysicslab.com/

Last edited:
Hi. I am looking for simple problems on curvilinear solutions with solutions. Does anyone have any? Does anyone know links? Thanks.

You know, the do have books in the library on this guys (I know because I've literally seen them there on this exact topic)...

1. What are sample dynamics problems?

Sample dynamics problems are mathematical and physics-based scenarios that involve the study of motion, forces, and energy. They require the application of various principles and formulas to analyze and solve the problems.

2. How can I approach solving sample dynamics problems?

The best approach to solving sample dynamics problems is to first carefully read and understand the problem statement. Then, identify the relevant principles and formulas that can be applied. Finally, use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to solve the problem step-by-step.

3. What are some common types of sample dynamics problems?

Some common types of sample dynamics problems include projectile motion, circular motion, Newton's laws of motion, and conservation of energy and momentum.

4. How can I check the accuracy of my solutions to sample dynamics problems?

One way to check the accuracy of your solutions is to plug the values back into the original problem and see if they match. You can also double-check your calculations and make sure you have used the correct units.

5. Are there any useful resources for practicing sample dynamics problems?

Yes, there are many resources available for practicing sample dynamics problems. You can find practice problems and solutions in textbooks, online resources, and study guides. Additionally, many educational websites offer interactive quizzes and simulations to help you practice and improve your skills in solving dynamics problems.