30 Second Kruger National Park Webcam Views

• Thread starter *Kia*
  • Start date
In summary, this website has live webcam shots of animals in the Kruger National Park in South Africa. You can see pictures of animals drinking, playing, and eating. You can also check out pictures of recent activity.
*Kia*
Gold Member
very interesting site that has 30 second shots from a webcam out in the kruger national park

http://www.sanparks.org/parks/kruger/webcams/

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't understand why this is interesting...

If you happen to catch it while dinner is being had, it would be very interesting.

Because it's a picture of a watering hole at the Kruger National Park in South Africa?? You get to see wildlife.

Pretty cool...cheers for the link

Cool... a pond in its natural habitat. However did they manage to sneak the camera up to it like that without scaring it away?

ohh and it has a sort of night vision!

Well, you all know what I'll be doing tonight. :redface:

Thanks Kia, this is cool!

Duh, I'm sitting here watching the animals and it didn't occur to me to save a picture. Ok, here's one walking away.

Okay, let's see who can get the best pictures.

Attachments

• knp.jpe
    knp.jpe
    18 KB · Views: 469
  • knp3.jpg
    knp3.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 428
  • knp2.jpg
    knp2.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:
Ooooh, a giraffe!

Attachments

• knp.jpe
    knp.jpe
    22.3 KB · Views: 516
  • knp3.jpg
    knp3.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 383
I dedicate this one to Artman. :!) Rhino love.

Attachments

• knp2.jpg
    knp2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 418
I just noticed that the elephants left a terrible mess. We need a volunteer to clean up. :smile: :smile:

Look at the great picture Math Is Hard captured!

Attachments

• trunktugowar.jpe
    trunktugowar.jpe
    22.6 KB · Views: 491
yes you can tell when something big has been there. Right now a bunch of little birds are drinking.

It's morning the big animals will start showing up. Oh, I see big wet footprints tracking away and there's water everywhere, what did I miss?

Evo said:
It's morning the big animals will start showing up. Oh, I see big wet footprints tracking away and there's water everywhere, what did I miss?
hmm.. must have been another elephant hot tub party! :smile: It seems they like to get in there and splash around at night. (I guess they think no one's watching! :biggrin: )

I think this is one of my most favorite websites of all time. Thanks, Kia.

I love it too, and keep it up a lot. Its really interesting.

I seem to have good luck with pulling up the cam right when the elephants come by. I just saw another beautiful one a few minutes ago.
http://www.geocities.com/thesquarerootoftwo/photos/ellie.jpg

oooh, nice elephant!

Check out some of the recent activity shots. Party time! :smile:

Evo, I can't see your pics... :frown:

I was referring to the pictures they post of recent activity under the live webcam. Check them out.

oh, ok.. yeah, I look at them every evening before I leave work (they have a forum for the daily cam shots). A couple of days ago the cam got knocked out and the last thing we saw was a HUGE elephant butt coming directly at us!

Math Is Hard said:
oh, ok.. yeah, I look at them every evening before I leave work (they have a forum for the daily cam shots). A couple of days ago the cam got knocked out and the last thing we saw was a HUGE elephant butt coming directly at us!
:rofl:

I hadn't checked in for a few days.

right before the blackout::rofl:

56620117_6cb614bd34_o.jpg

:rofl: Rut roh! :rofl:

Busy morning at the water hole!
http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/1351/kio1xp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How pretty! Looks like they've had some rain.

lmao@ ele butt! I haven't looked in a few days, but I seem to catch the aftermath, of a big pool party!

I got a butt!:rofl:

Attachments

• knp2.jpg
    knp2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 377
That's one bushy tail! :tongue:

And he seems to be so proud of it!

Hypatia and Evo, have you ever been to Africa? Gosh, I'd like to go.

No I haven't. I'm afraid the park cam is about the closest I'll be getting. been broken all day. :cry: I got a big fat hippo the other night. :approve:

Perhaps the sisterhood should go on safari. :biggrin:

I have been to Egypt, but never to the jungles or plains. I do know of someone who has stayed at this very same park, and has told me wonderful stories.

Evo said:
No I haven't. I'm afraid the park cam is about the closest I'll be getting. been broken all day. :cry:
Sorry. That was my fault. I was tapping on the monitor at one of the elephants and she saw me. :biggrin:
Maybe I will dig a waterhole in the backyard and put a cam on that. People in Africa can watch my raccoons and possums and squirrels.
Evo said:
I got a big fat hippo the other night. :approve:
They are cool, aren't they? They seem to like to take a dip in the evenings.
Evo said:
Perhaps the sisterhood should go on safari. :biggrin:
That would be awesome! The parks have been trying to raise money for other cameras in different areas, so a couple of weeks ago I chipped in a little bit for one that was getting really close to making it's goal. So, I just got some good news - there is a new cam going up soon in an area called Satara camp. There are supposed to be many predators that frequent this area so we may get to see a lot of big cats. :smile: