Santa Fe Institute Research - Complex Systems, Innovation, & Living Systems

• Thread starter Simfish
  • Start date
In summary, the Santa Fe Institute conducts research on a variety of topics, including the physics of complex systems, emergence and innovation in evolutionary systems, and the dynamics of living systems. The institute also has a website for professor Herbert Gintis, who is an affiliate and conducts research on topics such as game theory and economic behavior.
Simfish
Gold Member
http://www.santafe.edu/research/topics-physics-complex-systems.php [Broken]
Santa Fe Institute Research Topics - Physics of Complex Systems
http://www.santafe.edu/research/topics-innovation-evolutionary-systems.php [Broken]
Santa Fe Institute Research Topics - Emergence & Innovation in Evolutionary Systems
http://www.santafe.edu/research/topics-living-systems-dynamics.php [Broken]
Santa Fe Institute Research Topics - Emergence, Organization, and Dynamics of Living Systems
http://www.santafe.edu/~bowles/

==
So I was looking at the Santa Fe Institute's website and WOW, the research there is REALLY interesting. Does anyone know how difficult it is to get in there for grad student research? Does anyone have personal experience with it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Find an affiliated professor whose work interests you and then apply to whatever university they work at.

I am familiar with the Santa Fe Institute and their research on complex systems, innovation, and living systems. Their work is highly interdisciplinary and focuses on understanding the emergence and dynamics of complex systems, including social, economic, and biological systems.

The Santa Fe Institute is known for its cutting-edge research and attracts top scientists from around the world. As such, it can be quite competitive to gain admission for graduate research. However, if you are interested in pursuing research in this field, I would recommend reaching out to current researchers at the institute and discussing potential opportunities for collaboration or applying for a research fellowship.

Personally, I have not conducted research at the Santa Fe Institute, but I have colleagues who have and they have spoken highly of the experience and the collaborative environment at the institute. Overall, I would say that the Santa Fe Institute is a highly reputable and exciting place to conduct research in the field of complex systems and I would encourage anyone interested to explore opportunities there.

1. What is the Santa Fe Institute?

The Santa Fe Institute is an independent, non-profit research and education center that focuses on complex systems, innovation, and living systems. It was founded in 1984 and is located in Santa Fe, New Mexico.

2. What is the focus of research at the Santa Fe Institute?

The Santa Fe Institute's research focuses on understanding complex systems, such as the economy, the brain, and social systems. They also study the mechanisms of innovation and how living systems evolve and adapt.

3. How does the Santa Fe Institute approach research?

The Santa Fe Institute takes an interdisciplinary and collaborative approach to research, bringing together scientists and scholars from different fields to work together on complex problems. They also use complex mathematical models and computer simulations to study these systems.

4. What are some notable achievements of the Santa Fe Institute?

The Santa Fe Institute has made significant contributions to the fields of complexity science, economics, and evolutionary biology. They have also hosted numerous influential conferences and workshops, and their research has been featured in top scientific journals and media outlets.

5. How can I get involved with the Santa Fe Institute's research?

The Santa Fe Institute offers various opportunities for individuals to get involved with their research, such as participating in workshops, attending lectures, and applying for fellowships and internships. They also have a membership program for those interested in supporting their research and staying updated on their latest findings.