Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Sarah Palin

1. Sep 27, 2008 #1
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 27, 2008 #2
    There's a strange Internet phenomenon of people posting videos, many on YouTube, portraying her eating babies. That says something. Here are some examples:

4. Sep 27, 2008 #3

5. Sep 27, 2008 #4
    The scariest one of all: Palin on the bailout

"I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps..."

6. Sep 27, 2008 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

:rofl:

Check out her ears, they are pointy.

7. Sep 27, 2008 #6
    Where's Putin's head? Hmm...

8. Sep 27, 2008 #7
    This lady clearly has no clue what the hell shes talking about. This scares me.

9. Sep 28, 2008 #8
    SNL partied with Palin again. Funny thing is that they didn't have to use too much original material.

10. Sep 28, 2008 #9

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Youtube took the link down, it might be on the NBC site.

11. Sep 28, 2008 #10
  12. Sep 28, 2008 #11

turbo

Gold Member

The scariest thing about the SNL skit was that they didn't really have to exaggerate much (apart from shooing the Russians away). Fey did a good job capturing Palin's disjointed "response" on the bailout question, too.

13. Sep 28, 2008 #12

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

Sadly Governor Palin is better at being a caricature of herself than Tina Fey.

Honestly all Mean Sarah needs to do is add the "I'd like to use a lifeline" bit to her shtick and she can take it on the road.

... Oh wait a minute. That's already what she's been doing.

14. Sep 29, 2008 #13

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sullivan makes the point that I've been making: Palin not only disqualifies herself, but also McCain for choosing her. McCain chose politics over the safety of the nation.

15. Sep 29, 2008 #14
    The quote in post #6 is strange because I think Palin was about to talk about US reconnaissance fly-overs of Russia from Alaska.

post #6

16. Sep 29, 2008 #15

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

Siberia at sunset.

That's about the only eye Palin likely ever has cast on Russia.

I have my suspicions that the valley-girl VP selection has even seen Russia from that island to even see that.

17. Sep 29, 2008 #16

Vid

18. Sep 29, 2008 #17
    I feel embarrassed for her. They asked her to be VP and probably talked her into it, making her believe she'd be fine. I don't think she had any idea what she was getting herself into. Hah, it would be funny if she was sabotaging the McCain campaign on purpose to just get the hell out of the mess she's in.

19. Sep 29, 2008 #18

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

The funnier scenario would be that McCain is trying to lose so big that Dems will be solidly in charge to undo the 8 years of incompetence from Bush. If he is President he would be a captive of their agenda. What better pay back for the way they have treated him and America than to purposely lose the election so big that all their nonsense and waste gets undone?

But ... nah, he's just not that smart. Neither is Palin. Neither of these possibilities can apparently be true. They are both cratering under their own steam.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?