Sarkozy loves his job

• News
  • Thread starter marlon
  • Start date

HAHA LOVE IT

marlon

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

...and he has no idea what he's doing. Pretty embarrassing.

Art

HAHA LOVE IT

marlon
I see the Belgian press who suggested he was drunk had to apologise. Apparently Sarkozy is a non-drinker. So maybe he was just intoxicated by all his new found power :biggrin:

Then again it was immediately after a meeting with Putin; what are the side effects of polonium poisoning I wonder :wink:

vanesch
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I see the Belgian press who suggested he was drunk had to apologise. Apparently Sarkozy is a non-drinker. So maybe he was just intoxicated by all his new found power :biggrin:
What is funny is that no french media have reported this. Now that everybody has seen the Belgian (and apparently Swiss too) video, there were some comments. As indeed Sarkozy is reported being a non-drinker, apparently he felt obliged to accept a glass of wodka offered by Putin, and him having no resistance against alcohol, this was the embarrassing result. These are now the comments on a public french radio (France Culture) this morning.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Makes me wish I were fluent in French.

One thing about Sarkozy, he seems to bob his head a lot or move it side to side. He certainly doesn't sit still.

Art
One thing about Sarkozy, he seems to bob his head a lot or move it side to side. He certainly doesn't sit still.
It's to make it more difficult for an assassin to shoot him :biggrin:

Makes me wish I were fluent in French.

Check this out. :rofl:

I thought he was speaking in English when I saw the news (on the BBC). :uhh:

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
So even if I was fluent in French, I wouldn't be able to understand him? :rofl:

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,22038483-36375,00.html [Broken]

NICOLAS Sarkozy's ambitious plan to reform France's restrictive labour system could face difficulties after the Paris Appeals Court on Friday struck down a "hire-and-fire" job contract introduced two years ago.
The contract, known as the CNE, or "new recruit contract" was adopted by the previous centre-right government as part of an attempt to cut unemployment and inject flexibility into the labour market.

The Appeals court said the contract, by allowing small companies to fire employees without justification at any time during a two year trial period, violated international laws and basic labour rights.

"In the fight against unemployment the protection of staff in their jobs seems to be at least as relevant as the ease given to employers to sack them," the court said.

The ruling could have serious implications for the French president's reform agenda. Unions are likely to be emboldened by the decision as they enter into negotiations with employers over labour market reform.

Jacques Chirac, the former French president, and Dominique de Villepin, the then prime minister, were forced into a humiliating climb-down over a youth version of the CNE last year after mass street demonstrations by students and unions.

. . . .
So does he still love his job?