SAT Score 2070: Math Programs at Schools You Can Get Into

• Testing
  • Thread starter Voivode
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sat
In summary, the conversation suggests that the individual is inquiring about their SAT score and what type of school they can expect to get into with it. They are advised to do their own research on schools and their average SAT scores, as well as consider other factors such as grades and extracurricular activities. It is mentioned that the SAT is not the only determining factor for college admissions and that while top schools may be out of reach, there are still many good options available.
Voivode
What sort of school can I expect to get into with an SAT score like this? Are there any in particular that have a good mathematics program?

Physics news on Phys.org
For a question like this, it might be a good idea to do your own research. There's a lot of schools out there and a lot of information on average SAT scores on the college board:

http://www.collegeboard.org/

Last edited by a moderator:
Not knowing the scores you got on each individual section makes it hard to say anything, since you could've done great on one part and terrible on another.

well from my experience SAT is not everything..
SAT doesn't test anything other than hard work..

Ashuron said:
well from my experience SAT is not everything..
SAT doesn't test anything other than hard work..

Agreed. There's many factors that go into getting into a college. i.e. grades, classes you took, extracurriculars, community service, etc..

You probably can't get into the "top 10" schools with that. But plenty of top publics and some top (but not tippy top) privates will glady have you. i.e. don't expect to get into Princeton but say you should be in at Georgia Tech.

well you can also check their websites for average SAT of those admitted..

1. What is considered a good SAT score for math programs?

A good SAT score for math programs varies depending on the school and program you are applying to. Generally, a score of 700 or above on the math section is considered competitive.

2. Can I get into a top school with a SAT score of 2070?

A SAT score of 2070 is a strong score, but it is not the only factor that schools consider in the admissions process. Your extracurricular activities, essays, and letters of recommendation also play a significant role in determining your admission to top schools.

3. Do all schools consider SAT scores for math programs?

No, not all schools consider SAT scores for their math programs. Some schools may have their own admissions tests or may place more emphasis on other factors such as grades and extracurricular activities.

4. How can I improve my SAT score for math programs?

To improve your SAT score for math programs, you can practice with official SAT practice tests, review basic math concepts, and seek help from a tutor or study group. Additionally, time management and test-taking strategies can also help you improve your score.

5. Is a high SAT score in math necessary for success in math programs?

A high SAT score in math is not the only factor for success in math programs. While a strong foundation in math is important, other skills such as critical thinking, problem-solving, and perseverance also play a significant role in succeeding in math programs.