SAT Subject Tests: Needed for Engineering College?

• Testing
  • Thread starter Legendofdeep
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sat
In summary, SAT Subject Tests are standardized tests offered by the College Board to measure knowledge and skills in specific subjects. Their usage in admissions varies among engineering colleges, with some requiring or recommending them and others not. It is recommended to research the specific requirements of each college, but taking subject tests related to one's intended major, such as Math Level 2 and a science subject, is a good idea. Some colleges may allow substitution of AP exam scores for SAT Subject Tests, but not all do. Even with a high SAT score, some engineering colleges may still require or recommend SAT Subject Tests, so it is important to research each college's requirements.
Legendofdeep
I am planning to be an engineer and wondering if the Subject Tests are needed to get into a good college.

Physics news on Phys.org
You should check the requirements of the colleges you are interested in.

1. What are SAT Subject Tests?

SAT Subject Tests are standardized tests that measure your knowledge and skills in specific subjects. They are offered by the College Board and are typically used by colleges and universities as part of the admissions process.

2. Are SAT Subject Tests required for engineering colleges?

This varies by college. Some engineering colleges may require or recommend SAT Subject Tests, while others may not. It is important to research the specific requirements of the colleges you are interested in applying to.

3. Which SAT Subject Tests should I take for engineering?

Again, this varies by college. Some engineering colleges may have specific subject test requirements, while others may allow you to choose which subject tests to take. It is recommended to take subject tests in subjects related to your intended major, such as Math Level 2 and a science subject like Physics or Chemistry.

4. Can I substitute AP exams for SAT Subject Tests?

Some colleges may allow you to substitute AP exam scores for SAT Subject Tests. However, it is important to research the specific requirements of the colleges you are applying to as not all colleges accept this substitution.

5. Do I need to take SAT Subject Tests if I have a high SAT score?

While a high SAT score can strengthen your college application, some engineering colleges may still require or recommend SAT Subject Tests. It is important to research the specific requirements of the colleges you are interested in applying to.