Should I Retake the SAT for Transfer to UNC Chapel Hill?

• Testing
  • Thread starter Sheneron
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sat
In summary, some people think that taking the SAT again may not be a bad idea, but it all depends on your situation.
Sheneron
Hi everyone,
I am thinking about trying to transfer to UNC Chapel Hill from my current school. My grades in high school were not that great but they weren't horrible; I think I had around a 3 or 3.2 gpa. I didn't take any honors courses though. I just finished my first year in college. I took the SAT once in high school and I did not prepare for it and made a 1300. I have learned so much this year, and if I study I know I can improve that score. My question is should I re-take the SAT to increase my chances of getting accepted and make up for my low grades in high school? However, my general idea of the SAT was that it was an indication of how well you would do in college so now that I am in college and may look a little weird taking the SAT, and perhaps it won't make a difference. Does anyone have any advice on whether they think a retake would be beneficial? and the first semester I didn't do well at all, but I had plans on dropping out. I figured out I wanted to do astronomy/physics so the second semester

Physics news on Phys.org
I would suggest trying to contact the program directly and explaining your situation to them. Here some contact information I found on their site. Remember that you may be able to get into the university easier in another field and than transfer over to physics.

"call the department office at (919) 962-2078. To learn more about studying physics at UNC-CH, contact the Assistant Chair, Prof. Laurie McNeil, at mcneil@physics.unc.edu."

-Disregard the last part of my post, I didn't meant to put it/I can't figure out how to edit it out.

Thanks tbradshaw, should I basically say the same thing as above?

1. What is SAT Transfering Question?

The SAT Transfering Question is a type of question that requires you to use information from one passage to answer a question in another passage. It is designed to test your ability to comprehend and analyze information from different sources.

2. How are SAT Transfering Questions different from other types of SAT questions?

SAT Transfering Questions are unique because they require you to synthesize information from multiple sources, rather than just answering questions based on one passage. This makes them more challenging and requires strong critical thinking and reading skills.

3. How can I prepare for SAT Transfering Questions?

To prepare for SAT Transfering Questions, it is important to practice reading and analyzing different types of texts. Make sure to understand the main idea and key details of each passage, as well as how they relate to each other. Additionally, practice identifying and using evidence from the passages to support your answers.

4. Are SAT Transfering Questions more common in a specific section of the SAT?

SAT Transfering Questions can appear in any section of the SAT, including Reading, Writing and Language, and Math. It is important to be familiar with this type of question in all sections of the test.

5. How should I approach SAT Transfering Questions during the test?

When you encounter a SAT Transfering Question during the test, take the time to carefully read and understand both passages before attempting to answer the question. Look for connections and relationships between the passages and use evidence from both to support your answer. Don't be afraid to go back and re-read sections if needed.