1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

SATA Device

1. Feb 15, 2005 #1
    Hi. My PC says he couldn't found SATA device. But I don't know the importance of it. Can you give me some information about it? And I also wonder that, can it be a fatal error?

Thanks..

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 15, 2005 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Serial ATA (SATA) is a mass-storage interface that has recently become popular in new high-end personal computers. It is generally used to connect hard drives to the motherboard.

If you have a SATA hard drive that is not showing up in your operating system, then you might have a problem. If you do not have a SATA hard drive, then it would be reasonable if it weren't found.

Can you provide more information about where this error message is generated?

- Warren

4. Feb 16, 2005 #3
    Main problem was my fax-modem. (Now I am at school :wink: ) I bought it just 10 days before, after I supply internet connection cable, PC could not found modem's itself. After it found modem, computer started to shuting down and openning automatically. I opened it in safe mode and erased the modem I uploaded. Then it gives a message before Windows starting. The message was:" SATA Device not found" But there was no problem about it's working and processing. But I called service and they took it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?