Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

SATA Device

1. Feb 15, 2005 #1
    Hi. My PC says he couldn't found SATA device. But I don't know the importance of it. Can you give me some information about it? And I also wonder that, can it be a fatal error?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 15, 2005 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Serial ATA (SATA) is a mass-storage interface that has recently become popular in new high-end personal computers. It is generally used to connect hard drives to the motherboard.

If you have a SATA hard drive that is not showing up in your operating system, then you might have a problem. If you do not have a SATA hard drive, then it would be reasonable if it weren't found.

Can you provide more information about where this error message is generated?

- Warren
  4. Feb 16, 2005 #3
    Main problem was my fax-modem. (Now I am at school :wink: ) I bought it just 10 days before, after I supply internet connection cable, PC could not found modem's itself. After it found modem, computer started to shuting down and openning automatically. I opened it in safe mode and erased the modem I uploaded. Then it gives a message before Windows starting. The message was:" SATA Device not found" But there was no problem about it's working and processing. But I called service and they took it.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?