Saturday Chat Now Open | Physics Forums

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the Physics Forums chat being active on a Sunday and the confusion over time zones. The participants express their disappointment at missing the chat but also mention that it was a make-up chat from the previous day. They also discuss other activities and schedules that may have caused them to miss the chat.
Here you go!
https://www.physicsforums.com/chat/flashchat.php

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

Wow, thanks greg!

It's Sunday already??

Doc Al said:
It's Sunday already??
Yes!

It's going to be a loooooong Sunday.

Doc Al said:
It's Sunday already??
Yes - in New Zealand, Australia, Japan and Korea.

When you asked, it was 0631 in Auckland, NZ, and 0421 in Melbourne and 0221 in Perth, Seoul and Tokyo.

turbo-1 said:
It's going to be a loooooong Sunday.
It's a make-up Sunday.

Astronuc said:
It's a make-up Sunday.

Was that in lieu of today? I wasn't around yesterday (I was playing string quartets) so I missed what I assume was the first proper PF chat for ages, and now it's not open today.

It was something of a fluke yesterday. I only popped in for a short time, but I imagine it was over sometime in the afternoon.

It's not active today.

Guess I missed it...:cry:

1. What is "Saturday Chat Now Open | Physics Forums"?

"Saturday Chat Now Open | Physics Forums" is a weekly event on the Physics Forums website where members can join a live chat room to discuss various topics in physics and engage in conversation with others who share similar interests.

2. When does "Saturday Chat Now Open | Physics Forums" take place?

The event takes place every Saturday from 3-5 PM Eastern Time. However, members can join the chat room at any time during the week to continue discussions or start new ones.

3. Is there a specific topic or theme for each "Saturday Chat Now Open | Physics Forums" session?

No, there is no specific topic or theme for each session. Members are free to bring up any physics-related questions or topics they would like to discuss. The chat room is meant to be a casual and open space for members to connect and engage with one another.

4. Do I need to be a member of Physics Forums to participate in "Saturday Chat Now Open"?

Yes, you do need to be a member of Physics Forums to access the chat room and participate in the discussions. However, membership is free and easy to sign up for on the website.

5. Can I suggest a topic for "Saturday Chat Now Open" or request to lead a discussion?

Yes, members are encouraged to suggest topics or lead discussions during "Saturday Chat Now Open". This can be done by posting in the designated thread on the Physics Forums website or by bringing up the topic in the chat room during the event.